fikat
  • fikat
  • Newbie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hello everyone!
while i used the wallpapers and informations on this website for some time now, i haven't got the time to register and say hello.

well, my story is not short but interesting. i own the only split in my country, i try to drive it as much as possible except for winter time, i repaired it from what it was to what it is now. it started as a 58'ish car with crotch coolers and small windshield and became a split again. i can't call it a restoration yet just because the car is still full of bondo, heater channels are still welded to the pan and only one fender is split correct. i am fooling myself the car is ok now, just because it has almost all the split correct bits on it, and all are split restored originals. running gear is still incorrect but a january 53 engine is on its way and a june 52 gearbox shouldn't be that hard to find. it won't be a 100% restored original split ever, just because it misses so much and my budget is very limited, but passing you at 120km on the highway should't gve you the time to notice all the incorrect bits! 😛

in the future if i win the lottery i might send it for a complete body restoration as it should, but i am still waiting and hoping for the funky green panels and the funky green cash to be available. :lol:

still have to sort many things out like finding a chrome workshop to proffessionally rechrome the bumperettes and front bumper, which is the toughest task yet!

in the works, an accurate Becker Monza split radio recreation is ongoing, so i can at least enjoy a bit of music driving along, and maybe the first set of my own vision of the rare Jokon vollsicht wipers, as i had some hard time driving the split on heavy rain during the Bad Camberg 2011 trip

here is the link to my split build so far. i am sure some of you know this one.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=315832&start=0 

UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
:thumbup:

Thanks for taking the time to post!! As much as I love all original cars, you also can't beat a driver. I love seeing cars like yours get saved and enjoyed! 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
At least its still rolling and giving enjoyment :thumbup: and welcome to the forum

Andy W
Sunroof53
12 years ago
I followed some of this amazing transformation on the samba .Nice to see you got it on the road after what must have been a very difficult challenge in your country.It takes a special person to take on that kind of work .

Mike.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
I've also been following your thread on thesamba. Great work!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
I was folowing this on the Samba too. Fantastic what you have done to your car, I think few people would have taken on the task of taking such a heavily modified car back to stock condition. It's a lucky survivor and was very lucky to have found you!

Well done.

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
64rotbox
12 years ago
Great job!
You can call me Al.