SixtyFive
10 years ago
i have returned the car back to stock, as i thought it would sell easier that way.
dropped the price massively, and still no interest

its a uk car with original unwelded channels with all history from new!?

or should i rub through the paintwork and slam it??? 😳 :shock:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago

i have returned the car back to stock, as i thought it would sell easier that way.
dropped the price massively, and still no interest

its a uk car with original unwelded channels with all history from new!?

or should i rub through the paintwork and slam it??? 😳 :shock:

SixtyFive wrote:

Not the best time of year probably.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
ianmac
10 years ago
Where is the advert?
SixtyFive
10 years ago
thesamba, car and classic, volksmoan
ianmac
10 years ago

SixtyFive wrote:

Not posted in the pre67 classifieds :?

If you want my 2 cents I would take some better pics and take some of the words out of the advert, it is too long. A good picture speaks a thousand words.8) from what I can see it looks a fair price for a nice car, but I would want to see more from the ad.
Herbert
10 years ago
Please forgive me for not having seen the advert on the sites mentioned.....what is it you are selling? Herbs.
pre67vw
10 years ago

SixtyFive wrote:

Why don't you ask on those sites then? :?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
SixtyFive
10 years ago

Why don't you ask on those sites then? :?

pre67vw wrote:

because this is a stock only site.
and maybe someone would advise me where i'm going wrong.

RockStock
10 years ago
Help yourself by at least posting a link to one of your ads. Why should we going searching for it?
I spent awhile looking on here for the ad, as im sure others have done.

What is it you are selling?
My instinct tells me communication skills could be a contributor.

Rob - can we link ads to a users profile?
StockRocks
six-o-one
10 years ago
Just had a look at the ad on The Samba...

I think you need a lot more photos, interior, engine etc.

Also, In the title you say it's unwelded then go on to say it's had the body and bumper-mounts welded!
And it's not 100% stock, dropped spindles and custom tank so, this may put people off - neither one thing on the other!

I think if I was looking for a '60s beetle I'd consider this, some more photos may make people want to come and have a look...

8)
Malc
SixtyFive
10 years ago

Just had a look at the ad on The Samba...

I think you need a lot more photos, interior, engine etc.

Also, In the title you say it's unwelded then go on to say it's had the body and bumper-mounts welded!
And it's not 100% stock, dropped spindles and custom tank so, this may put people off - neither one thing on the other!

I think if I was looking for a '60s beetle I'd consider this, some more photos may make people want to come and have a look...

8)
Malc

six-o-one wrote:

true, but how many uk cars do you see with the original channels, well everything except the bumper mounts and body mounts...

i have the original spindles and the pinstriping on the tank comes off with panel wipe.

i plan on taking more pics tomorrow, hopefully that should get people interested.
Rattletrap
10 years ago
I find this thread a little odd.

If you are keen to sell why have you not posted the link to your advert here so we can easily view. You seem to expect people to go off and make the effort to find it?

I get the impression that you don't want friends or those that know you to know its for sale or how much you hope to get. Its very difficult to sell a car in a covert manner.:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
SixtyFive
10 years ago
i am ever so sorry that you find this thread odd. :roll:

the only reason, because some people on forums get all arsey if you post up other links from other forums, and personally i cannot be bothered with that

but as its ok on here, heres the link...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1478485 
pre67vw
10 years ago
I find this thread a little odd as well, and I'm also slightly offended by it.

if you take the time to advertise your car on other sites but not here, go ask on those other sites why your car isn't selling. You said you didn't advertise here because it's a stock only site, yet in your first post on this thread you say you've turned the car back to stock - so I'm confused...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
10 years ago
OK with my Samba hat on...as others have said you need a lot more detailed pictures. It's always nice to have one "chocolate box" picture to draw the punter in but you have to follow up with lots of detailed pictures of the usual rust trap areas. We're not talking about another 4 pictures we're talking about another 20...concentrate on the bad as well as the good areas, you have to be "up-front" about the imperfections too.

You can post 10 or so pictures and keep the other back if you like, to email to prospective buyers. Just add the remark "Other detailed pictures on request". After about 3 weeks you can "renew" a Samba ad. Just sign in, click on the "Classified" link on the main menu bar and select "Manage My Ads". Your ad will come up, select it by clicking in the box on the far right and select "Renew" from the Action drop down list and it will move your ad to the top of the section list in which it's posted.

You also need to add a duplicate advert here...just copy and paste what you have in The Samba ad...use the same picture too.
John.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
i totally agree!, im sick to death of viewing car ads with only 1 or 2 pics!!, in my opinion you need at least 6 good pictures of the car to give the punter an idea of what hes looking at.., including inside shots, if you cant be bothered to do this, dont expect to sell the car..
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Firstly, as requested already, since we are discussing your car on here, post an ad here too.

I agree with the others, you need loads more photos. Interior, headlining, under the rear seat, under the carpets, inner wings, engine bay etc.

Also, despite the fact you have lowered the price already, I still think its over priced, cars that are well priced generally sell fairly quickly.

It does look like a nice car though, so with a bit more effort it should sell ok :smile:

Rattletrap
10 years ago

i am ever so sorry that you find this thread odd. :roll:

the only reason, because some people on forums get all arsey if you post up other links from other forums, and personally i cannot be bothered with that

but as its ok on here, heres the link...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1478485 

SixtyFive wrote:

Thanks for the link, I have now seen your advert. Its a nice car on the face of it. More pics are needed.

To a purist like me, I am put off by the decals on the tank and the pop-out windows. If you are to aim at the stock collectors, I suggest you make it completely so.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
SixtyFive
10 years ago
thanks for the advice, here is a better ad, with better pics

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=901737 
ianmac
10 years ago
Much better ad, but I still don't know why it is not posted in the ads section on this website:?

Just 2 more cents, I would fix the missing parts in the engine bay and thoroughly clean (top and underside, especially engine lid) the car to attract the maximum attention :smile: