AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
Wish it was mine :d  $_12.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
10 years ago
Its already been posted about here...

https://forums.pre67vw.com/yaf_postst18421p12_Hahaha---or-the-crazy-price-thread.aspx 
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Herbert
10 years ago
Didn't that belong to Barclay Stainton of Status VW ?

Herbs.
RoRoVw
10 years ago
Yes that's Barclay's car

Rob.
Rich Oakley
10 years ago
It's a very nice car. Richard Cotton found it in Sweden many moons ago and passed it on to Brian Screaton. Brian sold it to Barclay, must be about ten years ago now? Apart from the engine being a later one, it's a pretty nice original car. I've never seen a 50-52 split ever sell for that sort of money before, so we'll see how the sale goes! 🙂
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Rich is this the car that's on the vidio's that were made ages ago. Mr cotton is talking to camera about the car that he has just imported and it having a sump heater ???

Andy W
Rattletrap
10 years ago
'Virtually unrestored' says the advert. Just the detail of the complete interior retrim and new headliner to consider. The headliner does not look right to me. Surely for a car such as this to make such a price it needs to be competely untouched.:?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Lost64
10 years ago
Andy, yes that is the same car Richard sat in while pointing out split Beetle details in the video.

Richard offered me this car in the early 1990's, but I'd recently bought an Oval, and hadn't the space or the money to justify it.

The price then? Roughly £3,500!!

How times, (and prices!:omg:) have changed since then.

Gavin.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Thanks Gavin. As for the price it still has to sell :d

Andy W
RoRoVw
10 years ago
I don't think that prices have changed to that alarming extent!
Rob.
69project
10 years ago
Rob I feel short changed....lol
Car less.....
GKL 7
10 years ago
I don't think R.C did any finding.Didn't he buy his cars from a dealer in Hamburg?Thats what he told me anyway.

I went down to Richard's,when he had this for sale.
He had this one, another in blue of the same year, a black '50 and a Zwitter.Like Gavin said.I could have bought the 4 for way less than half of the asking price of the one today.
GKL 7
10 years ago

I don't think that prices have changed to that alarming extent!
Rob.

Originally Posted by: RoRoVw 

HELLO !!!!

vintagebug
10 years ago
:smile: George, I think Rob probably means he didn't think that prices had changed to that alarming extent!

The asking price may well be £40K, but the asking price isn't necessarily the final selling price.....

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
10 years ago

Shouldn't that read, didn't instead of don't, if that's the case.

Barclays a really nice lad,but he needs to get a grip :rofl:

And if it sells for that,i want to know his secret.:thumbup:

RoRoVw
10 years ago
Obviously I realise that prices have risen over the years but just not as far as the asking price would suggest.
Rob.
RoRoVw
10 years ago
Si, surely you can't feel short changed? - You must realise that prices have risen by 200% in three years!!!!
Rob.
GKL 7
10 years ago

Obviously I realise that prices have risen over the years but just not as far as the asking price would suggest.
Rob.

Originally Posted by: RoRoVw 

Don't worry Rob,they haven't.This is optimistic to say the least.

40K will buy an absolute show car, for a '52 and it would probably have a sunroof aswell. And as nice as it is,this ain't no show car.
pre67vw
10 years ago

Barclays a really nice lad,but he needs to get a grip

Originally Posted by: GKL 7 

I bought something from mrhope07 and he called himself Dave, so I don't think it's Barclay selling it...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Pastdown
10 years ago
I thought that was the beetle from Status show room.