ralphtown
19 years ago
Just had a reply to my "For Sale" ad in this forum.

Guy has,nt asked any questions about its condition,it,s history etc but HAS said he will pay with a bankers cheque cashable against a UK bank.
What is it with these people?
Do they think I was born yesterday.
I,ve got a prize winning VERY early big window,do you REALLY think I,m just going to mail the keys off somewhere?

What do these people ACTUALLY get out of it,I mean,I,m not going to sell it abroad.
I want it to stay in UK to honour Morris,s name(the guy who,s name first appeared on the log book/title deed).

If you,ve got a car for sale,here or anywhere else,get a contact telephone number,name and address and NO mobiles.

Jeez!

Rant over

RALPH. :evil:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
19 years ago
Yep, you've always got to be on your guard against scammers, even ones that come to look and kick the tyres...  1237.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Etzhold1
19 years ago
I received this mail today !!
In reference to your ad for:
Dinky Toy's Kghia Coupé n°187
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=51558 
You have been sent the following message from lucy at [email protected]

Hello,
Am Lucy Hark,i want to make a purhcase of your car for sale,kindly e-mail me with the price for sale,also the present condtion before we can procced further,mind you payment will be made through check and shippment will be done by my shipper.
i hope am clear with you.
Lucy
They are so stupid, they try to scam me for a dinkey toy for 100$ ??
I like to see the face from the shipper if i give him a small box :lol:

Guido  1242.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ralphtown
19 years ago
Well,it was all quiet for a couple of weeks,now they are all coming out of the woodwork.

I think I even had a 16 year old ask about buying it.

I think I,ll run it again next month but put,"No one from West Africa or under 18 need apply".

Feckin idiots.

RALPH. :evil: