snale/bbr
16 years ago
Hi there!

Wanted to order a stainless 4-Tip from mr.wob and contacted him through his mail-adress from his site.

No reply till now..... Is there a tip for me to contact him without using the telephone?

Any experiences here about ordering a muffler at mr.wob?

Regards

Thomas

https://oldspeed-register.blogspot.com/ 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
16 years ago
https://forums.pre67vw.co.uk/viewtopic.aspx?forum=6  😞 😞
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
snale/bbr
16 years ago
Oh.... I'm not the only one who's looking for him........

thanks, I will ask Peter what his latest contact is all aout!

Regards

Thomas
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
Hi Thomas,

Like a lot of restorer/manufacturers Steph tends to limit his time on The Internet. It's largely a matter of time management and during 2007 Steph has had a lot of calls on his time.

Sadly this has been due to a family crisis when his father died after a couple of years in and out of hospital. I think Steph found himself working very long hours trying to keep on top of orders at this time as of course, not only does he supply Vintage Speed equipment, he makes them too.

When his father died in late spring he found everything too much to cope with and took his family off to spend 6 months with his in-laws in Greece.

When he got home a couple of months ago he told me he had decided to supply major VW Stores only; supplying one customer with 20 4 tip exhausts is easier than sending out one 4 tip exhaust to 20 people.

It's a sensible move, Steph's products have alway been in demand because they are high quality but having to respond individually to so many orders has simply worn him down.

You'll find major stockist like BBT and Karmann Konnection have a supply of Steph's 4 tip exhausts and some of his other Vintage Speed parts.
John.
pre67vw
16 years ago
😞 Sad news, Steph has obviously gone through some tough times recently. I believe most people would be very understanding and patient with a little info, I think the way he just seemed to vanish caused most of the issues. Maybe a list of suppliers for Wob products would be of use, so that people didn't buy the flat4 version of the abarth by mistake?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW