ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Hello all...
Need more help (!) :shock:
Does anyone know for sure what type of headlights and indicators were used on the 1960 dub? And what about rear lights? Every book/site seems to give different info. I'm confused.. :?
ChillieWitch

Life without a beetle is like a broken pencil.......
Pointless!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Larry
19 years ago
Chillewitch,

Actually you answered your own question. :shock: If you go searching for information about a specific item about a VW you are going to find different answers. Example, a 1966 Europeon VW was made differently than a 1966 VW made for shipment to the States.

That threw me off for quite a while too. For the longest time I thought that I was looking in the wrong place or that I had the wrong parts on my bug.

I hope this answer helped you. 🙂

Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Grazie Mille...Yep that helped!
Still wondering which to order for my bug!!
She doesn't have indicators on the wings, or semaphore type....at the mo shes got orange bulbs inside the headlight housing...but these don't work :cry:
Oh well, on with the search! :lol:
ChillieWitch

Pointless!
pre67vw
19 years ago
Little indicators in the lights is a cal-look modification, they're not stock. I think the '60 should have the narrow indicators on the tops of the wings.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Etzhold1
19 years ago
Hi,
Give us some more information, date that the car is build!
Early 60 beetle needs semaphores !!
17/11/1960 orange lens for indicators before that date white lenses !
Guido
ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Ok guys, thanks...
I don't have the date cos still waiting for the log book, picking that up on sunday. The previous owner was moving house and couldn't find it, hence the delay. If it had semaphores, i'm gonna have problems.... 🙂
ChillieWitch

Pointless!
six-o-one
19 years ago
Hi,
We're restoring an early '60 bug at the moment.
Semephores went in the middle of 1960.
A lot of bits were one year only - some as 1959, some as 1961.
Finding the month yours left the factory will help (or hinder?)
in getting close to how it was originaly.

No windscreen washers
One year only floor mats
6 month only panel above the gearbox!
Steering damper introduced in Feb(?)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Oh my God! Look at your dub!! :shock:
You're really getting stuck in huh? :lol:
At the mo I'm just trying to find all the original bits and pieces, then gonna work on electrics and mechanics. Paint job will have to wait a bit....

I knew I wasgonna say goodbye to long lie-ins, and leisurely lunches....Oh well, once bitten by the 'bug' normal life goes out the window! And I wouldn't have it any other way! 🙂
ChillieWitch

Pointless!
six-o-one
19 years ago
This Ceramic Green 60 bug belongs to Clare not me, but I do spend most wekends working on it!

😃
ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Lucky lady!
My man has the pleasure of 'assisting' me in all things beetle.....which kinda interrupts the work he's trying to carry out on Bo, the lightweight landy! And Big Red the Rocco is patientely awaiting a new carburator....
Still, when we're not in dirty jeans and covered in gear box oil, we get scrubbed up and try to spend some 'quality' time together...usually discussing the next project, or how we can deal with the latest problem!
Thanks for the info, and hello to your lady!
ChillieWitch

Pointless!
six-o-one
19 years ago
Clare has collected a lot of pictures of '59 - '61 bugs to try and work out what is correct for hers. If you can find out the exact date it was built, Im sure we can be of more help. Clare has become a bit of a 1960 beetle expert, since buying hers four years ago! 😃

six-o-one
ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Ta muchly! will be in touch 🙂
ChillieWitch

Pointless!