Andy Sparks
16 years ago
Found these two yesterday, both RHD. Ones a 63 rag, and the yellow is a late oval. :cry:
You can never have too many accessories on your car. πŸ™‚
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
more  14824.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
another  14825.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
last  14826.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
16 years ago

Where abouts are they???

Looks like they'd have to be dug out :shock:

Did you buy them??
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
Chris
16 years ago
Great pictures Andy πŸ˜ƒ

Hope I’m not hijacking this thread as I love threads like this. We were out on our mountain bikes this morning, through lanes and the back roads etc
UserPostedImage

(Maybe this is why my car's taking so long :oops: )

As usual I keep an eye out for anything that me be hidden away, looking in any garages where the owner may have left the door open :oops: and I saw this as I came around the corner. πŸ˜ƒ

UserPostedImage
Not sure of the year as it was actually on a β€˜G’ plate. As I got closer I saw the rear of it…
UserPostedImage

Don’t know what hit it but it was something big.. :roll:

Next to it was a ’68 cal looker 😳 (obviously I didn’t take any pictures of that). I’ll have to keep an eye on this, and hopefully β€˜bump’ into the owner to get more info.

Any one else care to contribute, preferably their own…

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Someone go and save the ragtop roof from that `63!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
I post on VZi and a few people have seen/tried to buy them before, owner doesn't want to sell them. :cry:

Oh well worth a try. Mr Oakley knows about them
64rotbox
16 years ago

UserPostedImage
Not sure of the year as it was actually on a β€˜G’ plate. As I got closer I saw the rear of it…

"Chris" wrote:

Is that around here, Chris?

I'm absolutely certain that I saw that van for sale at Stanford Hall about four years ago. Looked quite nice on first glance.

However, see that sill under the loading doors? That was just the start. I had a quick look underneath and discovered that there were not only no outriggers at all (note where that front mudflap is located, that's the only place to screw it onto), the main rails were made up of lots of little squares of metal, as was the floor and almost everything else... all covered in a couple of inches worth of black underseal. And it was about £12,000.

A hefty rear end smash is the best thing that could have happened to that van. I'm amazed it didn't split down the middle...
You can call me Al.
Chris
16 years ago

Is that around here, Chris?

I'm absolutely certain that I saw that van for sale at Stanford Hall about four years ago. Looked quite nice on first glance.

However, see that sill under the loading doors? That was just the start. I had a quick look underneath and discovered that there were not only no outriggers at all (note where that front mudflap is located, that's the only place to screw it onto), the main rails were made up of lots of little squares of metal, as was the floor and almost everything else... all covered in a couple of inches worth of black underseal. And it was about £12,000.

A hefty rear end smash is the best thing that could have happened to that van. I'm amazed it didn't split down the middle...

"64rotbox" wrote:

Van's up in the Halkyn area. Didn't have time to look around as the lads I was biking with didn't wait and I had to catch them up. Also didn't want to get caught snooping around... lots of dog owners up there....

BTW, which town/village you in ?
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

BTW, which town/village you in ?

"Chris" wrote:

Think he's one of those Banjo playing hillbillies from Denbigh Chris.
Make you squeal like a pig!!!!
64rotbox
16 years ago
Not quite. I'm further down the road, and slightly more sophisticated than that.

Mind you, I agree with the description of the others...

:beer: :beer: :beer:
You can call me Al.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

slightly more sophisticated

"64rotbox" wrote:

He must be ENGLISH,Chris. :lol: :lol: :lol:
64rotbox
16 years ago
I've never been so insulted since, erm, probably last week...

You can call me Al.
Chris
16 years ago

He must be ENGLISH,Chris. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

😳

Dereck-J
16 years ago
Hay Sparky

Talking of dead Bugs... I've sold the Chevy and I'm returning to the VW family... watch this space πŸ™‚