Mart37
16 years ago
Help! I am going to buy my third beetle after 20 years; and I want to know what to pay?
Here's the scene! I was looking at a (A.H. eng.) 71/72! sedan down a drive. filthy body! tires flat, not been started in what! two/three years! but the body was straight, some moss,! no dents, a shine could be got with cutting paste me thinks! Rusty wheel rims, inside dirty but all there! headlining good, battery pan seemed alright, forgot to look at the mileage I'm afraid. Anyway I spoke to the owner and he is willing to sell it. I mentioned $1,000 which didn't go down to well! but he said he'd do some research and get back to me. He paid $2,750 about three years ago and had bought the car for his daughter who did not like it!!! so there it sits crying out for a few weekends work. I don't want to cheapskate the guy I'll pay the going price! if I knew what that is so what do you think. A 1600 is what I would like (He said the engine is good etc) So is a grand enough! to little! or too much?
Thanks Martin[/b][/i]
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Hello :D
I think you might get a faster/more accurate answer here:

The Samba 68- beetle forum 

Only as you are US based and also we are mostly up on pre67 beetles.
There will be plenty of people local to you on the samba.
Good Luck 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
Actually if you'd care to do a little research in the Samba classifieds it might give you a better feel for the local market.

Remember what they're asking doesn't usually tally with what they get.
John.