pre67vw
16 years ago

You take a piece here and a piece there you weld them together put an engine in it and drive.
The "coachbuilt" is born! Don't think so! A Custom car is born you mean!

"heb623" wrote:

So if you found the radclyffe roadster in a barn somewhere, you wouldn't want it because it's a 'custom'? The radclyffe was built by cutting a piece here and a piece there and welding them together. :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
16 years ago
😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳
no, no, no!

:lol: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

You take a piece here and a piece there you weld them together put an engine in it and drive.
The "coachbuilt" is born! Don't think so! A Custom car is born you mean!

"pre67vw" wrote:

So if you found the radclyffe roadster in a barn somewhere, you wouldn't want it because it's a 'custom'? The radclyffe was built by cutting a piece here and a piece there and welding them together. :wink:

"heb623" wrote:

Or the Stoll Coupe?

ET must mean the difference between a 1950s custom (totally awesome) and a 1990s custom (pile of sh*t)!? Right? :lol:

By the definition of coachbuilt as "having a body constructed over a wood
frame" ? Can anyone think of a VW built that way? I only saw one and it was one of those DDR buses, based on a KΓΌbelwagen. This definition would incidentally would also make the Model T Ford a coachbuilt!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Yesterday I have seen a full metal coachbuild car , made in the DDR, on a 46 floorpan :shock:
Sorry no picture ( I hate battery's now)

heb623
16 years ago
Yes Etzhold1 :?
I understand now why you hate batteries but can you really blame it on the batterie?
May be that the restoration of that Hebmuller is costing too much and you can't afford to buy a second (spare) batterie? :shock:

:twisted: ET :lol:

ps: Were you able to sell that window frame to Vintage VW or do I have to make an exta ride to Wevelgem? :oops:
2splits
16 years ago

By the definition of coachbuilt as "having a body constructed over a wood frame" ? Can anyone think of a VW built that way?

"JD" wrote:

Lowlight Karmann Ghia's were built over wooden bucks. So, yeah, I can think of some.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
So were Ferraris, but the bucks are only to see if they got the shape right or if they need to keep pounding. Early Ghias were never made from hand shaped panels though, or?? I thought you meant wooden framed vehicles, by your earlier post.
UserPostedImage
Hebster52
15 years ago
Dont want to stir the pot but if you take a badly restored Heb, cut out the bad sheetmetal and replace with good sedan split panels and sedan doors. Does that make it a custom car too?

:lol:

Good luck with the Rosenstiel!
I'm happy it came to a good home! 😎
The HebsterWerks.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Dont want to stir the pot but if you take a badly restored Heb, cut out the bad sheetmetal and replace with good sedan split panels and sedan doors. Does that make it a custom car too?

:lol:

Good luck with the Rosenstiel!
I'm happy it came to a good home! 😎

"Hebster52" wrote:

LOL!

No no no - that would of course be a "sympathetic restoration", even if you only saved the data plate! It would probably also be described as having a "thin but robust provenance" :lol: :lol:
UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
15 years ago

"Hebster52" wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I think Et's heb is restored now like it should be ! (But there are alway's people who know better)
Yes we where using split sedan doors ,whats wrong with that !
You alway's can buy' ET's old Heb doors from me !
And a few split sedan doors to restore those heb doors !
Peter's car look great but its not a hebmuller, we are also planning to build a copy from a special car ,But it will alway's stay a copy !
More pictures from heb 623 Heb resto 

Guido

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Cool down Etzhold - i think Hebster was talking about something like that barn fire Heb, or certain others that were restored by grafting the Heb parts onto a solid split donor car - not ETs car!
UserPostedImage
Hebster52
15 years ago

Cool down Etzhold - i think Hebster was talking about something like that barn fire Heb, or certain others that were restored by grafting the Heb parts onto a solid split donor car - not ETs car!

"JD" wrote:

Yep, sorry Etzhold... :oops:

Edit: This one.  And my question was more as a joke too, not meant to jump on anyone else's amazing work... :oops:
The HebsterWerks.
heb623
15 years ago
To everybody who might concern, read this very carefully because i only write this down once!
When I bought the Heb (10 years ago) its was already badly restored in the seventies using period parts!
The inner wings (front and rear) skins of doors and heather channels were dated 1971 or 1972!
Result: no correct meassurments anymore so what is than the best thing to do? Going on with a car called Hebmuller that was shorter at the left side and longer at the right side!
Start to restore that car?
NO WAY!!
Better take a good body shell of a 1950 standard and use that to rebuild your Hebmuller. Every meassurment is correct than, or not?
Btw How did the Hebmuller boys a Hebmuller?
When you ask me in the same way!
Unfortunatly the Ducth guy who said he was going to restore that Heb into original just sand blasted it and filled it al up with filler and was surprised that I complained because I said nothing fitted no more!!!
AND THAN OPA CAME!
With his feeling and know how how to restore a car and under supervision of Etzhold1 the rebirth of my Hebmuller (atleast the painted body) will follow in one of the next weeks!!!
I know who is following the wrong way to restore a Hebmuller? Anyway it's not me!!! 😳

:twisted: ET

ps I just go over there to sit down, drink coffee and to shut up!!

'50 Karmann
15 years ago

:twisted: ET (has spoken and will not speak no more about this :!: )

"heb623" wrote:

ET Never say never my friend.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
Do you think if i purchased this car i could pass it off as a coachbuilt,
It's a real Heb mister honest.
The RR is no more than a custom car.  15347.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
15 years ago
Dear Karmann50

I meant I would not talk about the Rosenstiel or other home made so said "coach builts"anymore![-X

'50 Karmann
15 years ago
Yes ET.
A small joke with you.
I'm glad to see your dream is coming true and this time you are happy with the good work.
I have just purchased some shares in a Dutch Bondo company,this time next year i will be a millionaire :wink:
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Yes ET.
A small joke with you.
I'm glad to see your dream is coming true and this time you are happy with the good work.
I have just purchased some shares in a Dutch Bondo company,this time next year i will be a millionaire :wink:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

I have just purchased some shares in a Dutch Bondo company,this time next year i will be a millionaire !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You mean multy millionaire !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now we can make a joke about it, but 3 moths ago :evil: :evil:
Et when are you paying me, or should I ask karmann 50 because he was making a lot of money with his shares in that bondo compagny

Guido !
heb623
15 years ago

Et when are you paying me, or should I ask karmann 50 because he was making a lot of money with his shares in that bondo compagny

OK Etzhold1 I will be a happy man and you are the best friend I ever had when you do that!! :lol:

heb623
15 years ago
:oops:

Sorry! :wink: