Andy Sparks
15 years ago
Is it just me or is restoring a car never ending work, went round mine the weekend and nit picked and now have several pages of things to sort out, that along with about another 100 weight of accessories to add, don't think it will ever be finished.

You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

Is it just me or is restoring a car never ending work, went round mine the weekend and nit picked and now have several pages of things to sort out, that along with about another 100 weight of accessories to add, don't think it will ever be finished.

Andy Sparks wrote:

It's called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 

Get a grip man life's too short to be a perfectionist, you know it's not a Ratrod and that it's most VW fan's dream car so get out and drive it. Doesn't matter how long you take fettling it there's always some anal geek out there who will find fault but it's nothing a smack in the mouth wouldn't put right.:d

My Ghia's far from perfect, fun to drive and from 20 feet looks great...be happy with it as it is and drive it:!:
John.
pre67vw
15 years ago
Mine's never finished... 😞
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Dereck-J
15 years ago
Andy, even if your car was 'finished' you wouldn't be happy... I'm sure you'd strip in down and restore it all again and again 😉
oval56
15 years ago
hi, my car's are also never ending sories 😞 several engines on my 57rag after teh complete restoration, different types of rims (offset) and ongoing changing of some accesoieres..

also my 56, i will do an makeover this comming winter :d 😎

www.oval56.de 
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

It's called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 

Get a grip man life's too short to be a perfectionist, you know it's not a Ratrod and that it's most VW fan's dream car so get out and drive it. Doesn't matter how long you take fettling it there's always some anal geek out there who will find fault but it's nothing a smack in the mouth wouldn't put right.:d

My Ghia's far from perfect, fun to drive and from 20 feet looks great...be happy with it as it is and drive it:!:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

This is very true, but then if its your car you always find faluts. People love my car but i always wish it was better than it is, i don't think you ever finish.
Quiet Mike
15 years ago
My VW is a running project, and that's just the way I like it! And when everything is more or less working, that's when I start to worry... What's about to go wrong...:shock:

Within the VW scene, I get the usual - "This'll look cool when you finish it! When are you lowering it? What rims you putting on?" :roll:

And outside the scene "When are you finishing it?" or even "When are you STARTING IT" :oops:
UserPostedImage