vintagevw
15 years ago
Hebmuller doorwindow mechanism with strange partnumber?
l The partnumber looks very Karmannnnnnnnnnnnnn!:d
Just found out today...:?  Afbeelding 029.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 030.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Hebster52
15 years ago
So, is it a Karmann or Hebmuller mechanism with karmann number?:d
The HebsterWerks.
zelensis61
15 years ago
Hi there,

It is the reinforced modelwinder mechanism made by Keiper.....
with closed lower part.
Split model is open between the ribs toward the lower mounting.

greetings 😮 :beer:

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
IN2VWS
15 years ago
There was a discussion on theSamba.
Towards the bottom of the page a Heb owner shows a pic of his mechanism, and says it is the same as the vert mechanism.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=315388&highlight=window 
usariemen
15 years ago

Hebmuller doorwindow mechanism with strange partnumber?
l The partnumber looks very Karmannnnnnnnnnnnnn!:d
Just found out today...:?

vintagevw wrote:

These "massive/closed" style seems to have been in use in the verts. Heb and Karmann.
Maybe due to the little more weight of the screen with the frames around.
Yours showing a Karmann number can be a replacement part wich was installed somewhen later
when the first one was mechanically used up.
I think VW even reproduced them in the 60s to support the old cars need for spare parts.
Look if there is a date stamp on the arm. One of mine was exactely like yours and was stamped 1962.
Master of my domaine.
Hebster52
15 years ago

There was a discussion on theSamba.
Towards the bottom of the page a Heb owner shows a pic of his mechanism, and says it is the same as the vert mechanism.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=315388&highlight=window 

IN2VWS wrote:

Wow!
Don't know how I missed that thread!

Great info there!! 😎
Thanks!
The HebsterWerks.
Dr.D.
15 years ago
The Karmann mechanism looks very close. The original Heb mechanism had part number 14 823 031.

Greetings
Dirk

p.s.: Sorry I wanted to post a scan of the Heb part list page but it did not work
usariemen
15 years ago
Here is a pic out of my 1950 list.

UserPostedImage

Almost the same numbers then. Just Heb 14 and Karmann 15 in front.
Master of my domaine.
Sambaguy
15 years ago
Question 1. Does anybody know if the window stopper shall look like this?

Question 2. Have anyone of you replaced the window channel inside the door with any other material?
I was thinking about some kind of teflon.

Thomas  window stopper.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  window stopper2.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Question 1. Does anybody know if the window stopper shall look like this?

Question 2. Have anyone of you replaced the window channel inside the door with any other material?
I was thinking about some kind of teflon.

Thomas

Sambaguy wrote:

Thomas,
question 1 I don't know ! They where missing in Et's car!
question 2 Yes we decided also to use teflon !

Guido:wink:
usariemen
15 years ago
These where at mine. Somewhen around oktober 1949. Maybe they changed them to your style later.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

These bolts/screws adjust the endpoint of the window movement.
Master of my domaine.
vintagevw
15 years ago

These where at mine. Somewhen around oktober 1949. Maybe they changed them to your style later.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

These bolts/screws adjust the endpoint of the window movement.

usariemen wrote:

Same as mine Januari 1950.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sambaguy
15 years ago
Thank you guys!

Mines are probably home made. Just wondering what they are supposed to stop against.
Maybe if some parts in the door of mine Heb were worned, they replaced it with bigger "stoppers".
zelensis61
15 years ago
Hello, Sambaguy
I think, my opinion, that the round ones are early and later replaced with nut and bolt...
I see it in the first platce in economic way.
The nut and bolt could be taken from the shelf. The round part has to be made on a lath.

secondly, it more a mechaniker solution: to adjust the nut and bolt you have to use 2 wrenches, to adjust the round part you need a plier or a vise-grip.I do not see a flat part to hold the round part.
Maybe when dismantled it could be that on the side where it meets the frame, there are 2 flanges that fit in the slot from the frame part.

If that is the case, you have originals and with that thin slot, the flanges can be easy damadged caused by overturning when rust is there.
Think like the square bolts in a bumper...after a few years they easy break the corners out.

I should dismantle the round part to see what is on the side of the metal.
Greetings.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective