zelensis61
15 years ago
There is something going on in the north...
Strange body found , rarest of the rare volkswagen : porsche model K60/7 pre-kdf find if you ask me :shock: :shock: :shock: .

kdf find in Lithuania 

This is on thesamba.But we can talk over it also here :lol:
Like it is probably a 38 :shock: , It fits the pre67 site :wink: .

Greetings Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago
Crazy! Shame it's so butchered, but will be great to see more details come out in the near future!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vicpolky
15 years ago
fantastic 😎 that is a car that, no matter how butchered and modified, deserves to be saved.
Bjoern
15 years ago
In my mind I see all these Volkswagenquys, famous collectors and dealers runnung to find the holy graal in Lithunia. This evening, they looked on the map, where or what this Lithunia should be ;-)

UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
15 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow wonderful, it needs someone really commited with a lot of knowledge and skill to try to put it back! there is so little left there :shock: But it is museum car in the end :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
55Kab
15 years ago
:shock: :shock: :shock:

What a find. This'll be one thread to keep an eye on! Only wish I'd found it!
mrsherbie
15 years ago

: Only wish I'd found it!

55Kab wrote:

Yes I thought that at first, but then changed my mind quickly after I thought about the responsibility :shock: :lol: and the fact that you would probably not end up actually driving it anywhere, it will be ( quite rightly) an 'indoors to look at' car.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
SplitPersonality
15 years ago

In my mind I see all these Volkswagenquys, famous collectors and dealers runnung to find the holy graal in Lithunia. This evening, they looked on the map, where or what this Lithunia should be ;-)

Bjoern wrote:

Funny - that was my first thought as well... The vwoultures are circling Lithuania to find the lottery winner...
kdf38
15 years ago
We are the knights who search "KdF" Wir sind die Ritter, die 'KdF' suchen

Funny - that was my first thought as well... The vwoultures are circling Lithuania to find the lottery winner...

SplitPersonality wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Ummm - wow!:shock:

So, is this the worlds oldest?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Ummm - wow!:shock:

So, is this the worlds oldest?

JD wrote:

Could be chassis 38-001 or 38-002, but we'll never know as the chassis is no longer with the car.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Good God!:shock: :wink:

Having just got over the initial shock of what that car would need to get it "fixed" I suppose it is not much more than a lot of cars on the road today!

What I mean is that lots of beetles have had 4 almost complete new quarters, as well as the dreaded "bottom six inches" so I suppose there is not a huge amount of work there!:wink:

Anyway, if it does turn out to be a pre war prototype im 100% sure that it will be saved and returned to its former glory!

(and hopefully not just locked in garage for one mans enjoyment!:roll: :wink: )
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Good God!:shock: :wink:

Having just got over the initial shock of what that car would need to get it "fixed" I suppose it is not much more than a lot of cars on the road today!

What I mean is that lots of beetles have had 4 almost complete new quarters, as well as the dreaded "bottom six inches" so I suppose there is not a huge amount of work there!:wink:

Anyway, if it does turn out to be a pre war prototype im 100% sure that it will be saved and returned to its former glory!

(and hopefully not just locked in garage for one mans enjoyment!:roll: :wink: )

54 Gertie wrote:

Having just said all that, I had forgotten the windows!:roll: :wink:

good luck to whoever buys it is all I can say!:wink: :lol:
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Christian is being very quiet - I bet its already in his garage!:d
UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Yes very quiet:? ,I was calling him this morning he told me that This car will be the head price for the Saterday evening tombola at the next Hessisch oldendorf meeting 😳 ! Second price is only a Schwimmwagen 😳 , and the 3the price a kubelwagen[-x
He also asked If could pull the winning numbers with my innocent hands !:lol:
Then I know for sure where that car will go to :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
HEY I'm only Joking !!!!

Guido:wink:
axelstruwe
15 years ago

There is something going on in the north...
Strange body found , rarest of the rare KDF find if you ask me :shock: :shock: :shock: .

kdf find in Lithuania 

This is on thesamba.But we can talk over it also here :lol:

Greetings

zelensis61 wrote:

This is not a KDF beetle. It´s a vw38, pre war and pre kdf.
At this time, there was no fabric called "Volkswagenwerk" and there was also no town
called "Stadt des KDF Wagens".

Axel Struwe
zelensis61
15 years ago
Axel, thanks for mention it. I edited the first post. :beer:
Greets.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Bjoern
15 years ago

This is not a KDF beetle. It´s a vw38, pre war and pre kdf.
At this time, there was no fabric called "Volkswagenwerk" and there was also no town
called "Stadt des KDF Wagens".

Axel Struwe

axelstruwe wrote:

And it is not a Volkswagen - it is an old Porsche...

UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Can´t be a real Porsche - the company wasn´t started until 1950!:lol:
UserPostedImage
Bjoern
15 years ago
You are right. But Volkswagen celebrate the 60th aniversary. Hmm - but who built all theses cars?:roll: