stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
i know alot of people veiw these pages but dont post messages & im going crazy trying to find an oval...
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
If you mean in the Classified section above the I think its fine to post wanted ads! I have in the past, though only for parts!:wink:

You would have to ask Rob for a definate answer however! (pre67vw:wink: )

William
pre67vw
15 years ago
I'd rather classifieds and wanted ads were in one place, so I'd rather you posted it in the classifieds section. 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
The Samba is very strict about posting ads in the Forums...strictly a no-go. Any posted are removed as soon as they're spotted so The Classifieds are they only place for them.
John.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
What did you have in mind for an oval?

Early, late, original, lowered 😳 :wink: ?

There are alot of 50s beetles for sale at the moment, just depends what you want!:lol:
William
pre67vw
15 years ago

The Samba is very strict about posting ads in the Forums...strictly a no-go. Any posted are removed as soon as they're spotted so The Classifieds are they only place for them.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

I know you're getting old John, but this isn't The Samba...:wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago
:lol:

I agree. And Rob has told us before that the classifieds section, although it seems static actually gets LOTS of hits. I would say the 'cars wanted forum' on v*i is good for that too.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
15 years ago
ive already placed a wanted ad in the classifieds section on here a few weeks ago, but no joy :cry:
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

What did you have in mind for an oval?

Early, late, original, lowered 😳 :wink: ?

There are alot of 50s beetles for sale at the moment, just depends what you want!:lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

early or late, hardtop not ragtop, prefer original, unrestored, have a preference for black, but will consider others, where are they all then will? :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago
As Anna says try VZi!:wink:

There may not be the same quality of cars on there but it is a much higher traffic site!:d

where are they all then will? :lol:

stu wrote:

Thats for me to know and you to find out!:wink: :lol:

I'll have a hunt about!:d :wink:
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago

where are they all then will? :lol:

stu wrote:

in hibernation I think, no one really wants to sell their oval at January/crunch prices do they?!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

As Anna says try VZi!:wink:

There may not be the same quality of cars on there but it is a much higher traffic site!:d

Thats for me to know and you to find out!:wink: :lol:

I'll have a hunt about!:d :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

trust me ive scoured the net, found a few that turned out to be sold, i even rang germany earlier & spoke to walter at bugbox, there were a few on his blog that are now also sold :cry:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

in hibernation I think, no one really wants to sell their oval at January/crunch prices do they?!

mrsherbie wrote:

Not to mention this sort or economic climate....:wink:

For example there is a lovely, solid, UK, Fjord blue 58 that is for sale for pennies, literally you see rotten 1303s for more but it is just not selling!:roll:

It has been slightly lowered but the guy, to his credit, has kept ALL of the OG bits and has not cut anything! Unlike many that take a plasma cutter to a 50 year old beam...[-x :wink:

Its a shame really that all my money is tied up in my currently "in bits" 63 or I would snap his hand off!:wink: :roll: :lol:

Stu, Cant find anything "Stock" at the moment for sale! What a suprise!:lol: I'll keep looking but all I can seem to find are RHD oval "racer" projects that are half done! (half hacked to feath!:wink: )

I'll keep my eye out!8)

trust me ive scoured the net, found a few that turned out to be sold, i even rang germany earlier & spoke to walter at bugbox, there were a few on his blog that are now also sold :cry:

stu wrote:

Try posting a wanted ad! :wink:

It gets a lot of traffic!:wink: :lol:

William
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

it seems to be a struggle to find good cars at any time of year, seems people are hanging on to them...
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Try posting a wanted ad! :wink:

It gets a lot of traffic!:wink: :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

ive posted a wanted ad in the classifieds on here, & the samba, but cant on vzi as ive been banned :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

ive posted a wanted ad in the classifieds on here, & the samba, but cant on vzi as ive been banned :lol:

stu wrote:

Oh!:wink: :lol:

If you like I could post one for you and put your e-mail and just say for them to contact you?

Wouldnt be a problem!:d

Guessing youve seen this! :wink: Looks lovely!

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=1429 

Will:wink:
William
RoRoVw
15 years ago
Stu - what are you planning on doing with the Diamond Green oval when you find a better one? I was just wondering.
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Stu - what are you planning on doing with the Diamond Green oval when you find a better one? I was just wondering.

RoRoVw wrote:

i dont own the diamond green car, its one i was contemplating buying, but i dont like the colour, ive not completely rulled it out though, its just a repaint would cost loads...
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Oh!:wink: :lol:

If you like I could post one for you and put your e-mail and just say for them to contact you?

Wouldnt be a problem!:d

Guessing youve seen this! :wink: Looks lovely!

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=1429 

Will:wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

yeh, its my old car :lol:, sure, please put a wanted ad on vzi, but best not put my email as they will probably recognize it :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Yep, no probs!

What do you want it to say?

Are you bothered about RHD/LHD? :wink:
William