adi #2
  • adi #2
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Hey.

After my brief bit of activity here, maybe someone was wandering where i disappeared to.

Well, i currently dont have a pre 67 vw 😞. But...i was busy in a slightly messy restoration of something thats aircooled and pre 1967, but not a vw, and is a complete joke.

30 years in a junkyard have not been kind to it, and 'waking' it up took quiet abit of effort. It had very very severe damage to all metal structures. The chassis was bad, the floor was a ghost, and EVERYTHING was seized, had to get 3 guys to LIFT the vehicle and carry it onto the tow truck because it wouldn't even roll. Here is a picture of the pathetic excuse for 3 wheels.

UserPostedImage

Anyway, the end is finally in sight. I never imagined that such a small vehicle can be such a pain in the ass to restore, but it is. Did a full body off nut and bolt disassembly (mainley using a grinder because EVERY bolt was too far gone due to rust!) Now finished most of the metalwork, need to put the thing back together again.

But anyway...aside from that, i need an everyday car again...and i may have about £2500 spare soon, not that much, but back when i wasnt looking for one, i found many pre 67s for less then that. Anyone happen to know of any?

Thanks

PS...dont laugh at my project...i know its silly, but its probably the rarest vehicle i have ever SEEN let alone owned, and aparintly finding one in a junkyard was quiet easily the find of the decade. I still think its a joke tho :lol:

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
64rotbox
15 years ago
That's a Scootacar, isn't it? Fantastic stuff!
You can call me Al.
adi #2
  • adi #2
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Yes, yes it is.

200cc of pure firebreathing might. And the engine runs backwords to reverse.

Ugh maaaan that was horrific restoring it so far. It needs a name...every classic car should have a name..
48REME
15 years ago
It's so sweet! Is there only one seat? How cute!:wink:
paulbugman
15 years ago
got a 63 beetle that will be up for sale soon once i cleaned here up as just got a mot on her and need to sell and she only done 300 miles in 2 years and a waste to own if not used . will be slight over 2500 tho but not by a lot .gutted to sell but need money as well for my garage
GKL 7
15 years ago

It needs a name...every classic car should have a name..

adi #2 wrote:

May i suggest - POS :twisted:
Rach66
15 years ago
Awwwww, that is lovely!

Call it Oliver, or Spud, or Titch?
VW Stan
15 years ago

Awwwww, that is lovely!

Call it Oliver, or Spud, or Titch?

Rach66 wrote:

It does look like a potato!

How about 'Spudulika the Scootacar'?

:d

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Yes that would have sucked me in too :lol: its cute! it really does look like a potato!

or you could call it bumfluff :lol: no I dont know why, its just funny :lol:

my slightly crazy but lovely younger brother is doing something equally bizarre at the opposite end of transport size in central London at the moment :shock:

railway carriage 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann