bish
  • bish
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
After many years of pre 67 VW ownership i have stumbled across this site!
How on earth have i kept passing by without noticing it?
VZI is full of....................................................well VZIers:roll:
On the Samba they describe a car as Bitchin!?!??:?
But having read through loads of threads and posts here i find a comfortable place, somewhere that seem to have values and the right idea about things...............so if its ok with you all may i sit down, put my feet up and stay for a while?
I am currently sorting my 57 in a vintage speed sort of fashion...356a brakes, looking for a Judson kit blah blah blah.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regards, Bish.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Welcome - glad that you found us tucked safely away in this corner of the Internet! :)

Nice car, more pictures please.:) Incidentally, Ovals have a place of their own on this site, checkout the 53 - 57 section.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
pre67vw
15 years ago
(moved)

Welcome - Nice car ! :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
bish
  • bish
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks for the welcome :d

The Oval is in my garage awaiting both rear bumper hangers and a small patch on the pan that need welding up. It has had a good quality paint job at some stage in the past, 3 of the wings are original, doors and 4 tab bonnet and decklid are all good, it has some surface rust and a few blemishes here and there but thats the look i like and it`ll stay that way for now.It came with a nice two spoke petri banjo wheel which was a bonus and I have front 356a brakes to bolt up and 356 steels to go on. I`m lookin for a 36hp Judson kit, a pair of OG european bumpers and an OG red interior if anyone can help.

Heres a few more pics and i`ll post more up as i complete a few jobs.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Best regards.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Its nice, looks like a Swede! :d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Ooh! Give you 20 quid for that Petri wheel! Thats a very rare one.:wink:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
nice swedish oval, when are you selling it to me? im in kent lol
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Welcome. Lovely car- slam it on earlies.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
bish
  • bish
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks all for the kind words :d

Stu, i could drop a mail to the guy i bought my car from in Sweden if your still looking for a car? My Oval isnt the cleanist car youve ever seen but is solid enough and was well within your price range. Shipping is cheap also.
55Kab
15 years ago

slam it on earlies.

Rich Oakley wrote:

WHAT...???:!:

Never thought I'd see you write that! :lol: That's you and Anna that need a ban...:lol: :lol:
mrsherbie
15 years ago

WHAT...???:!:

Never thought I'd see you write that! :lol: That's you and Anna that need a ban...:lol: :lol:

55Kab wrote:

Its ok I am staying stock now and fitting 15 fuchs on my 79 kab instead of the 16"s so I dont know what you are talking about! :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Thanks all for the kind words :d

Stu, i could drop a mail to the guy i bought my car from in Sweden if your still looking for a car? My Oval isnt the cleanist car youve ever seen but is solid enough and was well within your price range. Shipping is cheap also.

bish wrote:

sure, does he have other ovals for sale then? cheers
69project
15 years ago

sure, does he have other ovals for sale then? cheers

stu wrote:

only ragtops :lol:
Car less.....