topolino
15 years ago
after striping the factory underseal from the agave 57 oval and finding it rustfree and almost perfect paint under the wheelarches, pan, was wondering what to do with it as i have been useing it almost daily and it rains and rusts things up in this country, did not want it be slowly eaten away so i have been thinking about painting it underneath to protect it, have put this off for months , did not want to cover up the factory paint, even thought about selling it to be restored, but today i painted one rear wheelwell with paint, not as nice as factory paint but at least it should last another 52 years.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Thats amazing to find such a car these days.Perhaps waxoil is the way to go as it is availible in clear and would provide a compromise that suits your needs.Any photos?
48REME
15 years ago
I would definitely waxoyl under the wings and not paint. You can always hose away the waxoyl and see the original paint.:wink:
69project
15 years ago
ask pete on here(harveypj)he has done similar to his car
Car less.....
topolino
15 years ago
pics are on here under-are all swedish cars rustfree.  oval4 017.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval4 018.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval4 016.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval4 015.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
69project
15 years ago
id love to do that to mine but im not brave enough

Car less.....
topolino
15 years ago
the waxoils no good as it traps all the dirt and areas of it get washed off, fine if your cars stored in a garage most of the time used only for runs, shows, but for a more durable fix i had thought of spraying the underside with clear two pack lacquer, but went for the ronseal rust protect paint as you can remove it with heat at a future date if needed and it does keep out the weather.