mattfromportugal
14 years ago
Here is a slideshow of some of the cars which were on this run.

https://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/vintagevansportugal/Portugal%20VW%20Classic/?albumview=slideshow 

It started with a small convoy to Torres Vedras, where the VW dealership had arranged parking. Then a drive through to Mafra for wine tasting: along winding roads to the seaside village of Ericeira where the council had arranged a drive through the town to park up above the harbour for public to look round the cars. Then to finish a good dinner.

I drove a 58 sunroof which had just had a low mileage 34 hp engine fitted: my favourite car of the day was a 56 (I think) in patina silver - he'd dragged it from a garage, got it running, MOT'd it and was running as found. Ran very well.

I was hoping to see a larger selection of earlier cars, but in the end, the owners were very passionate about the cars, and it was certainly a change from the shows I last went to back in the UK pre 1995.
Semaphores sourced, thanks Rich... looking for Westy SO23 interior parts.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Hawker
14 years ago
Thanks for the link to the slide show. Looks like some good cars have survived in Portugal. Thanks for sharing the photographs on the web site.
Si Med
14 years ago
I was surprised to see a number of early cars the first time i visited Valenca (in the north). Everyone seems to know of a place where there are beetles (more than often no longer around), one trip suprising me with a splitty being used to store grain!
54 UK rhd