Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Sorry guys for posting a 'Wanted' ad in this section, but I desperately need to get hold of a good 12.5g brass float for a 26VFIS carb. Been trying to sort out some niggly little problems on the '47 and to cut a long story short, I have three brass floats and they're all leaky. Can anybody help me in exchange for Hessisch beer tokens??

Many thanks,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
14 years ago
Got two complete carbs Rich,but don't want to break them.
Got an NOS manifold aswell:d
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Cheers George :? The brass floats are easy enough to get hold of NOS, but I need one ASAP. Remember the occasional starting problems with the '47? Tracked it down to the wrong weight float in the carb.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
14 years ago
I fear this is one of those teaching your grandmother how to suck an egg type replies -- the 'usual' way to repair a leaky brass float is by soldering the hole shut. I appreciate you didn't say any was leaky but I'd imagine that's the most common fault on those.

If you need to add weight, solder would be good for that too.
William
54 Gertie
14 years ago

I fear this is one of those teaching your grandmother how to suck an egg type replies -- the 'usual' way to repair a leaky brass float is by soldering the hole shut. I appreciate you didn't say any was leaky but I'd imagine that's the most common fault on those.

If you need to add weight, solder would be good for that too.

54 Gertie wrote:

Thank you Father dear for using my account :? :wink:

William
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Cheers people. Got one coming from Kev (nev)- cheers Kev. Soldering it would probably add too much weight (I've used a float that's 4g heavier and it's too heavy).