Chris Meintjes
14 years ago
Hi There

Completed (or just about) my '57 RHD Cabrio, driving allready !!!!!!!!:d :d :d :d .
Only problem is the passenger door lock cannot lock, as it seem that the lock mechanism is not the lockable type in this vehicle. Question is, is it possible to convert the doorlock, to be able to "lock" fialing which i have to look for another or fit a sattelite tracker in the car:?:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago

Completed (or just about) my '57 RHD Cabrio, driving allready !!!!!!!!:d :d :d :d .
Only problem is the passenger door lock cannot lock, as it seem that the lock mechanism is not the lockable type in this vehicle. Question is, is it possible to convert the doorlock, to be able to "lock" fialing which i have to look for another or fit a sattelite tracker in the car:?:

Chris Meintjes wrote:

Great news Chris, send me some pics and I'll post them up.

Not sure what you mean by the passenger door lock. With the door closed you should be able to push the interior handle forward which will lock the door.

If you're asking about the outside door handle then your best bet would be to just replace it with another locking handle. I discovered that the handles are not handed. To the best of my knowledge both locking and non-locking handles can be fitted on either door.

Hope that helps? :wink:

Chris Meintjes
14 years ago
HI
Thank for the reply

I somehow lost the original mechanism, so the handle cannot push forward, so the door do not lock......the outside and inside handles not an issue at all as i fitted NOS outside , and new repro inside looking great. But wife refuse to drive car unless door lock to allow for "safe" parking

If anyone has a lockable door lock mechanism, i will gladly buy it !
tx
Chris