GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Does anyone know if they still hold the vintage gathering in Majorca?
Always fancied it.
And in such a beautiful setting i think it would be a good weekend.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
14 years ago
Now there's a good idea.... I was thinking "Which interesting foreign vintage show can I go to next?" ('cos foreign vintage shows have become my favourite ones over the last few years), and I had completely forgotten about the Palma one. I don't know if it's still going George, but if it is, it could be worth trying to find a cheap Ryanscare/ Sleazyjet flight...

:d

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
vintagebug
14 years ago
Wasn't it held around October time?

George, I've PM'ed you.

Dave

Dave
VW Stan
14 years ago
The last one listed on the local club website is 2006...

https://www.aeib.info/concentraciones1.htm 

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
There's an event listed on that site, took place Sring this year,but it doesn't look very vintage.
Struggling to understand a lot of it.
Dave we need the help of our resident multi lingual translator.
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

There's an event listed on that site, took place Sring this year,but it doesn't look very vintage.
Struggling to understand a lot of it.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Dos San Miguel por favor...I think that should do.:d

Anything else you need to know?
John.
51reutter
14 years ago
Forget Palma, come to Cascais in Portugal, beach sun :beer: :beer: and it's cheaper :lol:

Joao
Instagram | @early_type
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
When?Where?how?
vintagebug
14 years ago

George, "la translatora residencia" (made-up Spanish!) says "Yo no hablo Espanol" ie Spanish ain't one of her languages BUT... we looked at the site & it looks like the Spring meet was more of a local-type thing. Not like the Palma meets of yesteryear I seem to remember reading about. I reckon you're seeking out the same thing as me- a nice, friendly, foreign Vintage show, with lots of pre 57 VWs and vintage parts for sale. Si senor?? :lol:

51Reutter- are there many Vintage shows in Portugal?

Anyone- are there many good Vintage shows anywhere in Europe, other than the HO & Camberg ones?

Dave

Dave
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago

lots of pre 57 VWs

vintagebug wrote:

OOOPS!
The 6 key is next to the 5, Dave.
But i couldn't agree more:wink:
vintagebug
14 years ago

The 6 key is next to the 5, Dave.

Erm, yes... how I managed to hit the 5 insted of the 6 I'll never know! :wink: Thanks for pointing that out to me George :lol:

So, everyone... are there any more great vintage shows in Europe we can go to? (I need to satisfy my hunger in between HO & Camberg!!)

Dave
pre67vw
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago

Oh! i fancy that.
Now i know our resident translator does speak German.
Are you up for this Dave,i could ask Chris and Malc if they are.We could do a Pre '67 on tour thing.:d
vintagebug
14 years ago
It's a possibility George- I'll ask the Resident Translator (RT) to... well... translate it for me! :d That has to be worth a :beer: or two- one for the RT & one for my commission... :wink: I'll get back to you with what it all means.

I'm a long way from home at the moment on a business trip (down in Dorset for a few days) so I'll reply to you as soon as I can :wink:

If we do go to this show we'll have to wear our shiny new Pre67vw,com T-shirts... what's it worth Rob?? :lol:

Dave
51reutter
14 years ago

51Reutter- are there many Vintage shows in Portugal?

Dave

vintagebug wrote:

Hi Dave,

unfortunately no :cry: , but we are slowly gathering information of owners of pre 67 vw's, so we can organize an event here in Cascais in a near future. We already have the Town Hall's approval and the is always the hardest part.

The first big event that is going to happen is in Spain, but you might already heard about it.

BugSpain 

Instagram | @early_type