lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago
Last month my Father in Law passed away after a short illness. It wasn’t entirely unexpected and to be honest most of us would settle for 87 years so although sad my wife’s taken it pretty well.

Yesterday afternoon I was sorting through a box of WWII military badges of which he seems to have made a collection. Most of it is British Army cap badges, shoulder flashes etc. nothing of any real value, until I noticed this amongst some embroidered badges. It's 2 inches square:

UserPostedImage

VW it certainly is and as my Father in Law had never owned a VW or shown any real interest in them, the badge was probably just acquired rather than bought as a collectable item.

The question is…who would wear a badge like this?

The obvious speculation is that it’s a badge worn by R.E.M.E engineers whilst part of the team that got the factory up and running immediately after the war…anyone think that likely?
John.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
14 years ago
When I was researching the subject, I can't remember seeing this sort of badge on REME officers. However, I'll look again through a couple of photos I have showing the REME workshop at work in Wolfsburg.
kdf38
14 years ago
I certainly would.

Mike

Last month my Father in Law passed away after a short illness. It wasn’t entirely unexpected and to be honest most of us would settle for 87 years so although sad my wife’s taken it pretty well.

Yesterday afternoon I was sorting through a box of WWII military badges of which he seems to have made a collection. Most of it is British Army cap badges, shoulder flashes etc. nothing of any real value, until I noticed this amongst some embroidered badges. It's 2 inches square:

<< >>

VW it certainly is and as my Father in Law had never owned a VW or shown any real interest in them, the badge was probably just acquired rather than bought as a collectable item.

The question is…who would wear a badge like this?

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell