oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
hi guy's,

i decidet do restore some parts on my heb, and while putting some parts away from the car several questions do came up...

1. my car is 13.01.1950
2. the steering wheel is (white) ivory and looks very used like my car.
3. the steeringcolumne is painted black (for sure original paint!!)
4. my seats are stock original and the frame is painted "blassbraun" (brown tone dark)
5. my stickshift shaft is painted blassbraun
6. my handbrake is also painted blassbraun... but the area around the mountingplace of the brakehandle is more ivory (greywhite :?: )

so now the qusteion is, what color is correckt for the parts on my car??

for sure painting all thes parts in blassbrown looks cool, but what color should the steeringwheel be?

some questions to solve that i can proceed in my work :shock: and i hope you can give me the answers....:beer:

have they used what they got??
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
14 years ago
Hi Andy,
It looks that you are very busy on your Heb! :d
For the "blassbraun" I found a perfect matching colour from Lada!
I can give the code number.
I used it to repaint my parts on the zwitter cabrio.
Regards, Pascal.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
VW Stan
14 years ago
Mine was all painted in the brown/beige colour...
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
zelensis61
14 years ago
Hi andreas.

The color of the parts inside a heb should be R6 Beige( identical as the cloth color. I have no other clue but that is what I know from a period document :shock: arround july 49 that I have seen in an archive. Maybe it is a RAL color.
Folowing parts should be in that color:

Sitzrohrgestelle , Schalthebel, Bremshebel, Dreiwegehahn, Fuhrungschienen fur vordersitz auf fahrgestell und rohre fur heizklappenzug und Luftklappenzug in polsterfarbe R 6 beige .

If there is someone who can tell a different story,:roll: please do it. All info on Hebmuller issues is welcome.

Andy, What happend to you site? It is no longer online...Dammn:evil:
Greetings Peter.

Document below is for refference...not the same date. it is even earlyer. Sorry, I have not the complete document.  partial letter from Heb to VW in april 49.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
oval56
  • oval56
14 years ago
hi pascal, yes some work is to do for next season (engine, accesoires) and som small things which let the heb appear in a better overview / condiion.
for sure no restauration :wink:
blass brown i do have the color code and have a rattle can for spraying it , looks good but a it to glossy ( will sand it a bit for the look :d )

@ peter, thanks for that answer, the cool think is at my car 3 colors are to find on these parts, and i am sure that these parts are never changed or repainted.

r6 beige, mhhh tried to find something in the ral color overview, but nothing... any further tip??

yes my website, sorry for that but some private personal problems have caused this / my decission. nothing is lost, i do my uptades in backround and i think i will activate my site again to a later point....
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
zelensis61
14 years ago
sorry Andy.
I know alot but not all? :? I can only help with this info I send .

If I get new info, I will forward it to you.
Best regards. Peter.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
oval56
  • oval56
14 years ago
hi peter, i know that you know many things :d that was the reason why i asked a second time to activate :idea: all resources of your knowledge :wink: :beer:

the strange thing is only that my steeringcolumn is black and my steering wheel is the white ivory tone....:?:

according the split, when came there the change, or when was the steeringwheel also blassbrown??

the cool thing here is, if someone had told me a year ago that i have to solve/handle problems like that, i had laugh my ass off....now i am direct into the problem :roll:

sorry Andy.
I know alot but not all? :? I can only help with this info I send .

If I get new info, I will forward it to you.
Best regards. Peter.

zelensis61 wrote:

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Sambaguy
13 years ago
Hi Andy,

I know this was an old topic but I am also into the problem now.

What colour code did yoú use for the handbrake, seat frames,chassie tunnel and gear shift lever?

Sambaguy

oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago
vw L63 Elfenbein (ivory)
RAL 8025 Blassbraun but the interieurparts have partly other colors... my seatframes match blassbraun, my steering coloumn was black...
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany