Cog
  • Cog
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi guys, Ive asked about wings b4 elsewhere but wanted to check with you guys here with a big UK presence since the US Oval models differ. Does the UK's Oval FRONT wings from a '56 or '57 match that which were built for the '54? the US ones had nipple indicators of course but I dont see that there are any differences over here in the UK to justify any difference in the front wing design between the '53 and '57 years.

Thanks in advance.

Guy
64 Californian LHD Karmann Cabrio
56 Old Speed Oval RHD (MonteCarlo Rally) (for sale soon)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Yes, late 55-57 wings are noticably different from 1953-55 wings. They are slightly wider and flare out more at the front. It's a bugger to tell them apart without having the different types side by side to compare.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Cog
  • Cog
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi Rich, thanks for this. Ironically you'd think wings would be a straight forward thing to match but it seems they are one of the hardest to get right. Think I will stay with what Ive got for now :-)

Cheers Rich. Hope all in Sussex are doing well.

Guy
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Hi Rich, thanks for this. Ironically you'd think wings would be a straight forward thing to match but it seems they are one of the hardest to get right. Think I will stay with what Ive got for now :-)

Cog wrote:

53-55 wings in good condition are very hard and pricey to find in good condition. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you if you want some.

Hope all in Sussex are doing well.

Cog wrote:

I'll pass on your regards to everybody in Sussex.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Cog
  • Cog
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Cheers Rich 🙂