BLINX
  • BLINX
  • Newbie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi All,

I am in South Africa and wanted to show my new purchase. 1962 LHD Ragtop. I am trying to get as much information about the car as possible. Bought it like 2 weeks ago from prev owner who had it for around 10 years, he is elderly now.

PS: South Africa is RHD just like UK so having a LHD is a bit rare.

Standing for 2 years, see pics where I had to use an A-Frame to pull her away. Brought beetle home and bought some fuel line, replace fuel line, added oil and new battery and she started first time, thats a beetle.

Heres just a few, since collecting it I have mounted the missing hubcap, added the rear white wall inserts and been driving it around. I need to get some wiring sorted and needs a service.

Looking to meet some new mates on the forum and also maybe we can always exchange parts etc...I saw the ad on the RHD Ragtop resto, very nice.

Thanks for looking.

Cheerz
Z

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
14 years ago
Welcome to the show.
Good car you have there. Seems solid and nice interior.
Have fun with it.
Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
BLINX
  • BLINX
  • Newbie Topic Starter
14 years ago

Welcome to the show.
Good car you have there. Seems solid and nice interior.
Have fun with it.
Greetings. Peter

zelensis61 wrote:

Thanks Peter. yes very solid, however not the original color. I suspect the original color was L 87 (13) pearl white so I intend to do a full restore. She is running fine now so worries so I will start collecting bits n pieces while I save funds.
BLINX
  • BLINX
  • Newbie Topic Starter
14 years ago
More pics...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Looks a great buy. All the best
BLINX
  • BLINX
  • Newbie Topic Starter
14 years ago

Looks a great buy. All the best

59 Ragtop wrote:

Thanks, you also have ragtop?? Maybe we can share some ideas and pics etc...:d
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

I certainly do. There are a few pics of my car in the 57-67 Section. Mine is a 59 Rhd Swedish Import in Garnet Red. I'm pretty new myself, but i'll try and help if i can:wink: