JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
I know there are various bits of info scattered about the forum about Standards, but I don´t think there´s a definitive guide anywhere. So how about a picture thread? We could show different years and details from the beginning to the end. What have you got? Can we include "not quite Standard" A models too.

Here are some from the weekend, in no order.

This is very unusual. It´s a 1967 1300A. From what I was told, VW actually deleted the 1200motor in early 67, as they only wanted to produce 1300 and 1500 models. Around a year later it was reintroduced due to popular demand, but in between those dates, it was possible to order what was known as a 1300A, usually with a 1300 motor, but with a 1200 motor as an option! (Presumably not at EXTRA cost!!). This car isn´t quite as basic as a real Standard, but it did feature a lot of painted parts and very few extras. It was owned by an old couple and was very original.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

No info about this next one aside from that it appears to be a 1966 model Standard sunroof.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

And may Rob forgive me for this last one, but if you want rare, then this is it! This is a 1975 Standard Beetle, and I believe, the last of the line. Featuring such luxuries as no fuel gauge (still had the petrol tap), 6 volt electrics, no glove box lid, acres of painted metal inside, no chrome (even the tailpipes should be black) and very crude non padded door panels with visible fixings.

UserPostedImage

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
A couple more from my files.

Oval - you tell me the year?

UserPostedImage