Ovaltine
13 years ago

Beautiful car.

Nice photos too :wink:

that Ivan bloke is ok too :lol:

8)

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Oh MG, FFS. This thread has gone from being embarrassing to bad to desperately sad.

I almost feel Ivan's embarrassment. He'd have been so much better off joining with an anonymous name without mentioning his magazine.

This guy's name is in huge type on his pictures that he proclaims are so good. Why does he need to keep listing his entire collection of cars too.

This sort of bragging is really just the sort of thing thats ruining the hobby, and will turn away newcomers from this site:x 😶
The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Si Med
13 years ago

Oh MG, FFS. This sort of bragging is really just the sort of thing thats ruining the hobby, and will turn away newcomers from this site:x 😶

Ovaltine wrote:

I don't think its that bad lol!
:lol:

54 UK rhd
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

I don't think its that bad lol!

Si Med wrote:

Don´t feed the troll Si! It´s what he wants.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
13 years ago

This thread has gone from being embarrassing to bad to desperately sad.

Ovaltine wrote:

Nope, still at the embarrassing stage - thanks to you... 😳

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
13 years ago

Nope, still at the embarrassing stage - thanks to you... 😳

pre67vw wrote:

128803218456171701.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
65deluxe
13 years ago
Ivan - Love the car buddy .

Any chance of you posting some pictures up for us

Let me know when you get a roof rack so you can take one of my bikes to shows on it .

UserPostedImage

Just in case I upset someone - There were no old bikes damaged in the making of this one !!!
Please check out 65 deluxe on Facebook to see all my work in one place
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

Let me know when you get a roof rack so you can take one of my bikes to shows on it .

Just in case I upset someone - There were no old bikes damaged in the making of this one !!!

65deluxe wrote:

A Kabrio roof rack? Yeah, those really are tough to find!:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

UserPostedImage

65deluxe wrote:

i think the car's been flipped already :wink: but I would still like to see the pre resto pics Ivan mentioned !
Caledfryn
13 years ago

Oh MG, FFS. This thread has gone from being embarrassing to bad to desperately sad.

I almost feel Ivan's embarrassment. He'd have been so much better off joining with an anonymous name without mentioning his magazine.

This guy's name is in huge type on his pictures that he proclaims are so good. Why does he need to keep listing his entire collection of cars too.

This sort of bragging is really just the sort of thing thats ruining the hobby, and will turn away newcomers from this site:x 😶

Ovaltine wrote:

Sorry ... but can I call a spade a complete dickhead?
heb623
13 years ago

Colour scheme is Karmann correct.

Ivan wrote:

Ivan, where did you get this information from?:oops:
Does this information also tells the color schemes of 1953 Karmann beetles?
What about the interior colors?

Thanks in advance

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Ovaltine
13 years ago

Sorry ... but can I call a spade a complete dickhead?

Caledfryn wrote:

Nice comment - wrong site this isn't Vokszone[-x
mrsherbie
13 years ago

I ALWAYS dreamed of owning it. Ask Sean how many times I told him I'd love to own it over the years.

Ivan wrote:

i think the car's been flipped already :wink:

nev wrote:

No surely you must be wrong?

But if not. I guess most of you (except Ovaltine of course) might fancy a snack then?

UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
64rotbox
13 years ago
After the unbelievably shitty comments from certain people (or should that be person) on this thread, I wouldn't blame him if he has gotten rid of it.
You can call me Al.
Caledfryn
13 years ago

Nice comment - wrong site this isn't Vokszone[-x

Ovaltine wrote:

Thanks! Took you long enough to respond didn't it? It was almost like you'd been booted off here for being an arse. Oh, hang on, you were booted off for being an arse!

Ovaltine
13 years ago

No surely you must be wrong?
But if not. I guess most of you (except Ovaltine of course) might fancy a snack then?

mrsherbie wrote:

Yet again it's the girls with the intuition and sense. It was either going to be flipped or slammed and put on 'earlies'. Sore knees all round you lot except for mrsherbie!:beer:

After the unbelievably shitty comments from certain people (or should that be person) on this thread, I wouldn't blame him if he has gotten rid of it.

64rotbox wrote:

Really – so you'd sell your life time's dream because of some comments made on a forum. Ivan didn't even start this thread off.:roll:

Thanks! Took you long enough to respond didn't it? It was almost like you'd been booted off here for being an arse. Oh, hang on, youwere booted off for being an arse!

Caledfryn wrote:

Being an arse? – look at the outcome of this thread's subject.:wink:
As good as this site is, I find it odd that somepeople are constantly on it every day. So much on the web too, and so much in life :?
pre67vw
13 years ago
We'll have to wait and see, I heard Ivan get asked if it was flipped and he said that it was still safely in his posession.

However, if he got offered the amount of cash I heard rumoured then he'd be more committed than me if he didn't take it.

I'd love to see it slammed :lol: :beer: :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
55Kab
13 years ago

I'd love to see it slammed :lol: :beer: :beer:

pre67vw wrote:

Okay...now you're talking :!: :beer:

Do it Ivan, we can sort it out DBK style... :wink:

13 years ago

Or, he could go all out Resto and do it GFK style,lmao :wink:
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
Si Med
13 years ago

Or, he could go all out Resto and do it GFK style,lmao :wink:

Trailer Queen Restos wrote:

:d :beer: 😎

54 UK rhd
fpr936e
13 years ago
The snobbery of this site really takes the biscuit.

My mum used to work in a large music archive, her boss was so snobby about the records and gold disks that the archive held that she did not want to show anyone round or let anyone in.Might as well not have existed.

I don't care who owns a VW, when I see a nice VW there is always a part of me that is jealous, I admit it, but it doesnt screw me up or make me bitter.

What I'd love to see are some close ups of the detail of the car, the sort of pictures that would never make volksworld because they are too specific.

I personally want something new in volksworld, like beetles being used for everyday, how they fair and how to keep the rust at bay from practical experience.

My car is a 67 1500, I built it and love driving it all year round, a vintage buff may pick it apart but I really have better things to do with the car.......like drive it