JULIANROBINSON
13 years ago
Here are a couple of pics of todays Vintage Meet.

https://www.vwbug.co.uk  ;)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
www.vwoval.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JULIANROBINSON
13 years ago
JULIANROBINSON
13 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

more at www.vwbug.co.uk
www.vwoval.co.uk
Si Med
13 years ago
Good work Julian.

Do you have any other shots of the oval (interior shots with sat nav)
Is it diamond green?
54 UK rhd
JULIANROBINSON
13 years ago

Good work Julian.

Do you have any other shots of the oval (interior shots with sat nav)
Is it diamond green?

Si Med wrote:

Thank You.

Its my Jacked up '54 oval... its RAL6014 - Drab Green
www.vwoval.co.uk
55Kab
13 years ago
Nice pics Julian.

Does that black split bug really wear the plate 1 KDF?

JULIANROBINSON
13 years ago

Nice pics Julian.

55Kab wrote:

Yep, great isnt it!?
www.vwoval.co.uk
JARV
13 years ago
Great turnout and good to see so many split beetles in one place 😎
'52 Standard Split
'56 Fire Bus
'58 Deluxe Beetle (RHD)
'64 Karmann Beetle Cabriolet
'67 Camper (RHD)
'07 T5 175 LWB Window Van

Emily's dad
13 years ago

Nice pics Julian.

55Kab wrote:

Indeed Alex Black trailored the 1KDF from 50 miles north of Edinburgh just for the show. He is another one of the old school enthusiasts who dosn't do too many shows since the advent of the bug jam type show.

The cars paint work is all origional except for the wings. It is one of the reasons I really enjoyed the show.
http://ivanhirst.com  and the Ivan Hirst Volkswagen meeting! UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago

Indeed Alex Black trailored the 1KDF from 50 miles north of Edinburgh just for the show. He is another one of the old school enthusiasts who dosn't do too many shows since the advent of the bug jam type show.

The cars paint work is all origional except for the wings. It is one of the reasons I really enjoyed the show.

Emily's dad wrote:

Fantastic, what a car.

Per the other thread and Julian's post, I kind of agree that if the show was run every year there's a possibility that without strict control it would somehow turn into something where a load of rusty lowered split buses seem to be everywhere.

As everyone know's, I like modified car's but not being able to attend this event and looking through the photos there's something special about a line-up of stock vehicles.

Really good of the REME to host this event and really good effort by you Tim to make it so successful. :beer:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Fantastic, what a car.

Per the other thread and Julian's post, I kind of agree that if the show was run every year there's a possibility that without strict control it would somehow turn into something where a load of rusty lowered split buses seem to be everywhere.

As everyone know's, I like modified car's but not being able to attend this event and looking through the photos there's something special about a line-up of stock vehicles.

Really good of the REME to host this event and really good effort by you Tim to make it so successful. :beer:

55Kab wrote:

Alex's car is indeed stunning. Owen W found it years ago in Sweden and kept hold of it for a long time until selling it in 2007. Alex also owns a load of other cars including a RHD Zwitter.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

55Kab wrote:

...and now your journey to the Dark Side is complete.:lol:

Looks like a great show. Hat off to the organisers, and long may it continue. Excellent to see all these cars that don´t show up anywhere else.8)
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago

...and now your journey to the Dark Side is complete.:lol:

JD wrote:

“Help me Obi-Wan Fleming or Aronson. You’re my only hope.”

:lol: