louis
  • louis
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
do you guy think its right that mr Okrasa trademarked the name...
i have my samba name logo "okrasa" and they removed it because i was not allowed to use the logo, i wasnt trying to make money, was all in good fun but seem like he is beeing a little crazy about it.

so my question is: do you think its right or people should be able to play with a original historical logo without trying to make money.

cheeers!
the love of my life:
1954 oval 3 fold
okrasa tsv 1300
83mm p/c
69.5mm crank
isky cam
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
13 years ago
My opinion is that the original logo and name is owned by Oettinger. Maybe it is due to that 2 persons have the same nickname on 1 forum. If it was only the pict you used, then it is another question. Maybe ask the webmaster what happend.
Best regards. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago
Hi Louis,

The trademark of "Okrasa" and the registered company name had fallen into disuse, just as any other person out there, it was completely within his rights to register the "Okrasa" name and trademark.

Take for example the name and trademark "Bugatti"...the current registration of the name and trademark is held by Volkswagen...do they have any connection with the original company? Try using the "Bugatti" badge on the Internet.:?

John.
pre67vw
13 years ago
I have the Okrasa username on this forum, didn't want anyone else to have it :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
louis
  • louis
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
i understand but seem like he did a complain to the webmaster toremove my avatar, dont you think its pushing it. if i was selling tshirt with the okrasa name i understand but to take it that far, its all in good fun...

oeittinger should have been on it to register the name thats for sure but still.. i would hope someone can play with a logo without getting sued, specially when its just for fun...

i think its bullshit.
the love of my life:
1954 oval 3 fold
okrasa tsv 1300
83mm p/c
69.5mm crank
isky cam
vintagevw
13 years ago

I have the Okrasa username on this forum, didn't want anyone else to have it :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

Sounds cheap to me!:d

Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
oval56
13 years ago
i do not purchase parts from him, .... not easy..... :wink:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
louis
  • louis
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
yeah i didnt buy the crank from him, but it came from California.
i guess you better going the 74mm porsche crank route, then your safe...

i guess its more principle, why would he care if someone is using the logo for a forum name, does he has better thing to do?

i am waiting for his lawyer to knock on my door for the logo on this site...

i was thinking, i have a huge box of white tshirt from when i use to print them, i think ill do a batch of nice Okrasa shirt and give them away, can i get arrested if its a non profit thing? will see...

i was looking at the patent today, the name and the logo is trademark, here is the info on the trademark:

Trademark Search > Trademark Category > Machinery Products > OKRASA

Search:
On Monday, October 15, 2007, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for OKRASA. This trademark is owned by Ruiz, Joe, P.O. BOX 3070, Anaheim , 92803 . Trademarkia.com is a free search engine of publicly available government records. Trademarkia.com is not a law firm and does not represent owners & correspondents listed on this page.

The correspondent listed for OKRASA is RUIZ, JOE of PO BOX 3070, ANAHEIM, CA 92803-3070, . The OKRASA trademark is filed in the category of Machinery Products , Clothing Products . The description provided to the USPTO for OKRASA is Car parts, namely, air cooled engine cylinder heads, carburetors, crank shafts, camshafts, and engine blocks.

The USPTO has given the OKRASA trademark serial number of 77304730. The current federal status of this trademark filing is REGISTERED.

Trademarkia is the largest search engine for U.S. trademarks. Each month hundreds of trademarks around the world are filed by licensed attorneys in the Trademarkia network! You can register your trademark in 55 countries in the world through Trademarkia.

Word Mark: OKRASA
Status/
Status Date: REGISTERED
6/17/2008
Serial Number: 77304730
Filing Date: 10/15/2007
Registration Number: 3448874
Registration Date: 6/17/2008
Goods and Services: Car parts, namely, air cooled engine cylinder heads, carburetors, crank shafts, camshafts, and engine blocks
Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark: TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date: 4/1/2008
Latest Owner: Ruiz, Joe
P.O. BOX 3070
Anaheim , 92803
Why is this contact information displayed?
Mark Drawing Code: Drawing/Design + Words
Design Search:
Lines depicting speed, propulsion, heat or wind (Geometric figures and solids - Lines, bands, bars, chevrons and angles) see more design...
Letters or words underlined and/or overlined by one or more strokes or lines (Geometric figures and solids - Lines, bands, bars, chevrons and angles) see more design...
Register Type: Principal
Disclaimer: (NOT AVAILABLE)
Correspondent:
RUIZ, JOE
PO BOX 3070
ANAHEIM, CA 92803-3070
Classification Information
International Class Code(s): 007
US Class Code(s): 013, 019, 021, 023, 031, 034, 035
Primary Class: Machines and machine tools; motors and engines (except for land vehicles); machine coupling and transmission components (except for land vehicles); agricultural implements other than hand-operated; incubators for eggs.
Class(es) Status: Active
First Use Anywhere: 1/1/1951
First Use In Commerce: 1/1/1951

International Class Code(s): 025
US Class Code(s): 022, 039
Primary Class: Clothing, footwear, headgear.
Class(es) Status: Active
First Use Anywhere: 1/1/1951
First Use In Commerce: 1/1/1951

Click here to see what people say about this mark >>
Trademark Document Retrieval >>

car parts air cooled engine cylinder heads carburetors crank shafts camshafts

Viti Ruiz Commercial
Published on:7/16/2009 12:14:59 PM

Carlos Lozada, Melissa lozada, Jenny Ruiz- Toyota Venza Commercial
Published on:4/19/2009 10:52:26 PM

Alex Ruiz in Best Buy Commercial
Published on:3/13/2009 10:12:08 PM

Flat Five Studios Commercial-Directed By: Mike Ruiz
Published on:10/19/2009 5:52:24 PM

the love of my life:
1954 oval 3 fold
okrasa tsv 1300
83mm p/c
69.5mm crank
isky cam
pre67vw
13 years ago

i was thinking, i have a huge box of white tshirt from when i use to print them, i think ill do a batch of nice Okrasa shirt and give them away

louis wrote:

I'll take an XL, thanks :wink: :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
louis
  • louis
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
XL!
its time to stop eating those fish n chip!!

:)
the love of my life:
1954 oval 3 fold
okrasa tsv 1300
83mm p/c
69.5mm crank
isky cam
Si Med
13 years ago
Ouch! Thats customer service right there :lol:
and lets be honest, fish and chips have NOTHING on poutine.
54 UK rhd
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

I'll take an XL, thanks :wink: :beer:

pre67vw wrote:

Rob, you're probably an 'S' on this side of the pond. Okay, I'm being a little bit polite here (and I can't talk really) but you get my drift?! :d :lol: Well, unless you're after a free Okrasa headlining! :shock:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
louis
  • louis
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
going to Quebec tomorrow to see family (live in Vancouver now)... will load up on poutine.. only french canadian can make a real poutine... they sell the cheese curb by the cash register on every corner store, deliver every morning, super fresh!

will take picture of the ultimate poutine in the world, you eat it at ASHtOn and also world famous smoked meat at Shwartz in montreal!!
https://www.schwartzsdeli.com/ 
https://www.chez-ashton.com/ 

if you guys go to montreal or quebec city YOU HAVE TO go!!
this a serious hook up...

you guys will drool all over your keyboard.
the love of my life:
1954 oval 3 fold
okrasa tsv 1300
83mm p/c
69.5mm crank
isky cam
pre67vw
13 years ago

i am waiting for his lawyer to knock on my door for the logo on this site...

louis wrote:

I've been asked to remove the OKRASA logo from his avatar

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
oval56
13 years ago
the only thing i would do: try to avoid him in dealing.... thats my message...and i do it...:wink: 😶

MR. MaximumProfit.....
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

the only thing i would do: try to avoid him in dealing.... thats my message...and i do it...:wink: 😶

MR. MaximumProfit.....

oval56 wrote:

After what you told me about the carbs Andi, I would do the same.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
13 years ago

will load up on poutine..

louis wrote:

Looks like some one has thrown over a plate of chips.........
 rsz_plate_poutine_1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
13 years ago
As always there's two sides to every story, so now I get a bit more 'behind the scenes' information and it seems like maybe this is all a little too harsh on Mr. Okrasa and it's not so much about the use of the logo than I thought.

As for some of the other comments added - Yes Mr. Okrasa is expensive, lets not beat around the bush - but he's also probably the worlds top Okrasa expert, so why shouldn't he be expensive? You have to pay to play as they say :wink: I for one can't afford to play, but that another story.

I wish Mr Okrasa would step in and fight his own corner here, but I fully understand why he won't - and in reality if he did it would probably end up with another test card. :lol:

So I'm going to tidy up this thread a little bit and then lock it.

Finally, if you want an Okrasa engine and are willing to pay top-dollar for it, go here: www.okrasa.com   resource.ashx.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW