TomF
  • TomF
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Just been on VZi and saw there is a bloke offering to cut up a RHD '55:

UserPostedImage

I know we can't see much but from that photo it doesn't look worthy of cutting up?!

The thread is here for anyone interested:
https://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=676957 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
13 years ago

Shocking.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
13 years ago
We can only assume that it is a combination of any/all of these factors : crashed at front, on a wrong pan, bad old resto, repro wings, dash swap already, serious rust not seen in that pic etc etc.

People spring up and trade only by cutting up whole complete cars all the time but seem to come and go just as fast. Sadly its an easy short term fast turnaround, lower but faster profit, (sell cheap, sell more) but with no long term sustainability so these folks always pack it in after a year or so, financially no better off but having depleted a few good old cars in the process.
If you look around at the trader people who have been around long term they will always sell a worthy car that is saveable, much cheaper whole that cut it up even though at times (like now) the parts are easily eclipsing many whole car's values.

Its a shame but sadly real life.

I agree though, be nice to see someone save it, even if it turns out to be only an og rhd main shell.
Best hope that no one steps up and wants the roof!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Ovaltine
13 years ago
I feel ill:x

How could you bring yourself to cut into that nice looking body:shock:

I think fate is sealed, some parts are gone already. Exhaust suggests something very unoriginal under the body.
The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
mrsherbie
13 years ago

Exhaust suggests something very unoriginal under the body.

Ovaltine wrote:

And the PRA (drag racing) sticker :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
69project
13 years ago
its parts(using the pic,so i assume its started being broken up already?)has been on ebay
Car less.....
55Kab
13 years ago

its parts(using the pic,so i assume its started being broken up already?)has been on ebay

69project wrote:

Any links?

TomF
  • TomF
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Had a parle with the bloke today and his summary of the car is:

"The usual 8 inches need doing and the front valence is really rusty" Maybe it isn't that bad... 😞

Good that it's helping others go on living as opposed to having a visit to the scrappies.