"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
beefykeefy
13 years ago

Looks nice; good price too.
Ivan
13 years ago

Looks nice; good price too.

beefykeefy wrote:

This looks nice on Restowagen; a bag of sand cheaper too! P.S. Not my car - just happened to see the ad on RW

Posted: Fri 08 Oct, 2010 7:27 pm Post subject: 1967 Beetle 1500 For Sale Rust free Original paint
I reluctantly have this Beetle for sale. It was imported from Northern Sweden this summer and is all original and rust free (see inner wing pictures!)
It is factory lotus white with india red interior. Has a working eberspacher. New MOT, original engine. New front calipers and hoses. Working FM radio. Car is factory 12 volt with sloping headlamps (maybe Swedish only spec?) Reluctant sale, need the cash, so No part ex I'm afraid. Car is in Southsea, Hampshire.
Cleaning it up the longer I have it, started stripping underseal and polishing inner wings. Car has a few dents and signs of wear, one small patch on battery area of floorpan, but body never welded. Has had mirror holes drilled on doors, but again I will weld up the holes and blend in the paint if I get chance. Had albert mirrors on front quarter panels (removed before I got it) so trims have been cut down, but easy to rectify. Also drivers door pocket was missing. I have located a black one, just needs colour matched.
This would be a perfect low budget cruiser - beam and spindles and a set of Fuchs or similar would see it done and looking cool.
£3750.00
Mark
07949 003326
Link to more pics:
https://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk196/patina68/67%201500%20Beetle/   67b6-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
beefykeefy
13 years ago

I am liking this alot... great little car, very honest pictures on Photobucket...

Would be greedy of me to have two Lotus White 67's though...

UserPostedImage
freddie
13 years ago
Boris1966
13 years ago
Yeah I couldn't resist the lotus White one in southsea so...... I bought it! With a bit of servicing on the engine, new coil, plugs, leads, carburettor clean etc.... Pulls like a train. The petrol Heather works perfectly too!
:0) X Leane
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Cool! Pics!!!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Boris1966
13 years ago
So, Now that I have a gorgeous Lotus white 1967 named "Buddy", I am deciding what wheels to put on. It is lovely driving him with Stock wheels but I think I will have more fun with the 1500 engine on fatter back tyres and lowering the front on dropped spindles Its a 4 x 130 PCD so...........

1) 914 two litre alloys?
2) 4 bolt BRMs?

then theres the tyres?

My '66 Java Green "Boris" has 205/70/15 on the back and I think 185/55/15 on the front as I still want some rubber on the road up front.

EEEEK...... I'm preferring the 2 litre alloys but in a dilema!!  P1020607.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1020610.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1020582.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1020576.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Robb
13 years ago
can i buy the hubcaps off you then? :d
Boris1966
13 years ago
Hi Rob,
Tried to pm you but "your box is full" :wink:
I hope you don't mind but I'll keep the hubcaps and the stock wheels as I may decide to change it all back in the future and would then be searching for those "one year only" parts again!
beefykeefy
13 years ago

can i buy the hubcaps off you then? :d

Robb wrote:

Those hubcaps are 67 gold 😎

If you have a modified 66, why not have the best of both worlds and keep one of your cars stock? 😛