zelensis61
13 years ago
Hello folks. Merry Xmas HO HO HO, Santa came by today ...

He brought me and Claus a new :shock: hebmuller that is not in the list....:beer: or is it?
Hopefully today the new found heb will be online 😎 on the website www.karmann1952 so you can see it.

What can I tell you about it? I have received some nice picts on this car. I'love it.
Well it was sold new in 1949. The invoice from the new car is still in the glove box:shock: .
It changed hands in the 90's towards Austria where it still is kept now.
It was restored years ago with some updates for security reason.
The Hebmuller bodynumber, the aufbau plate and the Vin tag is all there, and it still have the original engine from new.
For now, that was the good news.

The bad news? :oops: Double or nothing.
I have to confess that not always the info you receive is correct.
At some point, I took over some info from other lists, lists that were made before I was thinking on Hebmullers. For years I had a certain car in the list, and I was not alone as all the lists I have seen sofar have this same mistake.
Now due to the finding of this new car, I can announce that a car in the list will move over from a numbered Hebmuller to an unnumbered hebmuller.

I hope one day I can find the numbers of those but I need lot's of luck with that.
So, Look out for a new Heb soon....HO HO HO :lol:
Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
oval56
13 years ago
peter, as always teh "crowd" is looking every day for an update :-)

:beer: 😛
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
zelensis61
13 years ago
Thanks Andy. But be sure you look more than once today...:lol: I think Claus have troubles to chose the right picture for the site or he eated to much eistorte.:roll:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
oval56
13 years ago
mhh still no new heb..only :roll: :lol: a new vert:wink: :?

:lol: :beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
karmann1952
13 years ago

mhh still no new heb..only :roll: :lol: a new vert:wink: :?

oval56 wrote:

....tonight´s the night for the "real" HEB 14-00098 8)
Check the registry next year :lol:

- 1950 VW Hebmüller
- 1951 Split sedan Export
- 1952 Karmann Kabriolett
- 1952 T1 barndoor transporter
- 1963 1200 Export Judson
- 1964 T1 Westfalia SO-34 Flipseat
- 1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
- 1966 T1 Westfalia SO-44 Dormobile

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com
www.hebmuller-registry.com
www.kabriolett-registry.com
zelensis61
13 years ago
Oh boy, we have to wait until 2011....That is next year:roll:
Greetings.
karmann1952
13 years ago
Happy new year first of all! Here´s the correct 14-00098 Heb. Many thanks to Roland :beer:

UserPostedImage
https://karmann1952.de/html/hebmuller_1949_17.html 

Now we check the chassis number of the Heb which was a long time in the registry with the wrong 14-00098 number.

UserPostedImage
https://karmann1952.de/html/hebmuller_1949_32.html 

When the chassis went to the Hebmuller factory in 1949, we will sort the car because of the chassis number to the "49" Hebs in the registry. If the chassis is not original we will put i to "orig. Heb without numbers".
The best way to sort Hebs is still the body number. Maybe Yan, Rob, George & Co....can open the front hood for us and check the number :wink:

Cheers
Claus

- 1950 VW Hebmüller
- 1951 Split sedan Export
- 1952 Karmann Kabriolett
- 1952 T1 barndoor transporter
- 1963 1200 Export Judson
- 1964 T1 Westfalia SO-34 Flipseat
- 1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
- 1966 T1 Westfalia SO-44 Dormobile

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com
www.hebmuller-registry.com
www.kabriolett-registry.com
ste VW agen
13 years ago
Hi Peter, Nice Work on uncovering another Heb, whatever the number. Will be interesting to see how the numbers on the other Heb competing for that number pan out?

I wonder if you had any further info for me to help identify the Heb body number on the "other new Heb" I've been working on? Wolfsburg have confirmed from the VIN that it's a Heb, but this time did NOT include the Heb number on the Birth Certificate. I'm writing them back for clarification.

But absent an assist from Wolfsburg, do you know of a way to identify Heb Body numbers from a confirmed Type 14 pan? No plate is available. Pictures and story will come once we get over this detail.

Hebby New Year :d !

ste VW e

I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)