yzzidog
13 years ago
Hi, I'm in the UK and restoring a '56. I'm looking for an engine deck lid with correct vertical louvres, and a pre-57 rhd dash...any offers?? Mike, [email protected]
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Hi, I'm in the UK and restoring a '56. I'm looking for an engine deck lid with correct vertical louvres, and a pre-57 rhd dash...any offers?? Mike, [email protected]

yzzidog wrote:

Hi Mike,

Welcome to pre67vw. Whereabouts in Sussex are you? Is the car currently LHD?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
yzzidog
13 years ago
Hi, and thanks for message. I'm near Worthing, and the car's rhd, was restored in the early 80s and then barn stored. Great fun; we had a '54 rhd at about that time (reg JYW51D - anyone know2 where it is today?) and absolutely loved it. Of course, values have changed since the early 80s...
Mike Peckham
13 years ago
Hello Mike, did you used to live in Chaucer Rd. in the early 80s? If you did, I think I might remember you and your '54 beetle. Was it the two tone black and yellow cabrio that was originally registered in the Channel Islands and found its way to the states?

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
yzzidog
13 years ago
It really is a small world...yes, that was us. Full circle I guess...
55Kab
13 years ago

reg JYW51D - anyone know2 where it is today?

yzzidog wrote:

Hi Mike

Welcome to pre67. Last known sighting of JYW was at the 1985 Classic in California. A photo of it there appeared in Colin Burnham's famous "Classic Volkswagens" soft cover book, see below.

I'm in contact with the owner of a 54 RHD who lives in LA and we're in the process of looking into the cars history at the moment. It may well turn out to be JYW although recently I found out another UK 54 RHD was exported to the West Coast around the same time so it could be either.

Bubblebee Cab sm.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
yzzidog
13 years ago
Many thanks for helpful info. Beetle well...