• GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Win Best of Show:?:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rob Mac UK
13 years ago
No the CSP ghia won, Martin got visitors choice and top 20 I think.:?
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Rob Mac UK wrote:

The Ghia won? It was nice, but bloody hell what were they smoking? :rofl:
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Rob Mac UK wrote:

That car has been around for years hasn´t it?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
It was the fender skirts that sealed it[-x

:rofl:
RockStock
13 years ago
the kab is ace!

tried to take a picture of it but Russ seemed to cause some sort of camera interference
UserPostedImage
StockRocks
six-o-one
13 years ago
Visitors choice...  Visitors-Choice_small.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
13 years ago
Top 20 & Visitors Choice which was a nice surprise.

GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
They've cheapened those Maguires goodie bags,haven't they.:d

Well done Mart.
And i think yours should have been Best of show aswell.
69project
13 years ago
tittle tattle i heard was that csp had a huge stand so they won for coming from germany when they could have otherwise been making nice go faster parts...

just gossip,this is the internet remember and all sorts of things are said and conspiracy theories are mentioned :omg:
Car less.....
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Top 20 & Visitors Choice which was a nice surprise.

55Kab wrote:

Enjoy the sweet taste of success while you can Martin.:beer:

I'm expecting to have Rattletrap on the road 2012. I may take him to the Volksworld show 2012 as a taster for the Lavenham event. :d

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

You're asked to go there to exhibit.Either that, or you apply and get excepted.
Anyways,the Standard is far too high for RT,you'll have to stay in the carpark.

:rofl:
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Anyways,the Standard is far too high for RT,you'll have to stay in the carpark.:rofl:

'50 Karmann wrote:

He looks smarter than some of those there from what I've seen.:wink:

Okay, I'll probably have to 'slam him into the weeds' with a set of 'Earlies' for the duration of the event. But sure as sure his history and visual display of his past will clinch it. :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
64rotbox
13 years ago
I thought this thread was about Martin and his car?
You can call me Al.
69project
13 years ago
me too,it was stunning and the level of detail was amazing
Car less.....
pre67vw
13 years ago
I don't really know how these cars are judged - but on a racecar there are a lot of new parts replacing the original, which doesn't seem fair being judged against a 50 year old car that has been restored. Not putting the CSP car down at all, I'm sure it's an amazing build, it just seems odd to me to compare them.

Visitors choice is the best award to win imo, I wonder where the CSP car came in that list. I must admit that I never really looked at it...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
13 years ago

I don't really know how these cars are judged - but on a racecar there are a lot of new parts replacing the original, which doesn't seem fair being judged against a 50 year old car that has been restored. Not putting the CSP car down at all, I'm sure it's an amazing build, it just seems odd to me to compare them.

Visitors choice is the best award to win imo, I wonder where the CSP car came in that list. I must admit that I never really looked at it...

pre67vw wrote:

I agree 100%.
You have typed EXACTLY what I was going to, as it is clearly obvious to most people, especially given the visitors choice, which is a true indicator and would be a far more personally satifying reward for me. Knowing that 1000s of people love your car, means that you did it SO right :beer:
:thumbup:

One other thing, I did'nt go (dont like crowds) but looking at the photos, I would think that super type3 display may well have single handedly pushed up the price of Notchbacks overnight?!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
13 years ago

wonder where the CSP car came in that list. I must admit that I never really looked at it...

pre67vw wrote:

I glanced at it, but only on my way to have yet another look over Martins Kab. :d

William
six-o-one
13 years ago
When someone told me the CSP Ghia had won I said "which Ghia was that?"

:roll:

ianmac
13 years ago
If you looked really closely you will see why the CSP ghia won best of show by scoring 99points out of a possible 100. The paintwork was probably one of the most insane pieces of workmanship, but like I say you need to look very closely to understand why:wink:

Martins kab and Simon Foxs squareback are both worthy winners, both cars I would happily make space for in my garage:d