jpgreenwood
12 years ago
I'm Jason from Middlesbrough UK. I'm a member of 2 local club forums (NEVWCLUB and Durhamdubbers)and stumbled across here. I should be visiting local shows but never dare'd venture further afield. Too many horror stories of cars setting on fire etc. Anyway here is my 1960 registered Beetle-Ruby-Bug. I've been told its a 1964 body replaced at some point.
UserPostedImage 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us 
UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
Nice! Welcome to the forum :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
beefykeefy
12 years ago

Car looks great, and welcome :beer:
heb623
12 years ago
Very nice!!:thumbup:
But imo the beetle would look more nice with the VW logo's in the hubcaps painted like original!:oops:
Black!!!:drool:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
jpgreenwood
12 years ago

Very nice!!:thumbup:
But imo the beetle would look more nice with the VW logo's in the hubcaps painted like original!:oops:
Black!!!:drool:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

Bit anal that! I just drive it for fun.
Anyone know if the little bud vase is a genuine VW accessory? I hated it and threw it away but have heard some old vases are rareities and worth a few bob.
GKL 7
12 years ago

I hated it and threw it away

jpgreenwood wrote:

Was it porceline?
jpgreenwood
12 years ago

Was it porceline?

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yes, sort of a hand-painted/printed floral design on it.
GKL 7
12 years ago

Yes, sort of a hand-painted/printed floral design on it.

jpgreenwood wrote:

Well,without seeing it,can't help with the origins.It was probably stamped on the rear with a manufacturers mark.
Next time you decide to throw something like that away,please throw it in my direction.
You probably just binned upto a hundred quid:cry:
64rotbox
12 years ago
Looks more like a 1965 body to me, any idea what the chassis number is? It's a great looking car, regardless. Binning that vase sounds like an expensive mistake, though!
You can call me Al.
jpgreenwood
12 years ago
Whats the tell tale signs of a 65 body?
64rotbox
jpgreenwood
12 years ago

Looks more like a 1965 body to me, any idea what the chassis number is? It's a great looking car, regardless. Binning that vase sounds like an expensive mistake, though!

64rotbox wrote:

Unfortunately the car is a registered 1960 chassis but with a replaced body at some point of restoration. I need to order a few spares and with the cross over year being 64/65, I dont want to order the wrong bits.
Mainly the headlining needs replacing which a local autotrimmers are doing. However, the trim/seal that runs down the edge of the door pillar and clips onto the body has been stitched together at some point and is now beyond repair. I have no idea of the correct name for this part?
pre67vw
12 years ago

Bit anal that!

jpgreenwood wrote:

Not really no, we get much more anal than that..:thumbup: :d
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Lovely car and welcome to the forum.

There aren't many nice vintage stock Beetles in the Teesside area so it's nice to see this one.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.