69project
12 years ago
ok so its a bit molested but it....RHD!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1952-VW-beetle-split-window-RHD-crotch-cooler-/290573841003?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43a78cf26b 

currently at 4100 with reserve not met,how many of you are secretly watching it?

bear in mind its not complete,i still think its going to get very expensive!

Si

UserPostedImage
Car less.....
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
12 years ago
Be nice with paint. :thumbup:
William
oval56
12 years ago

ok so its a bit molested but it....RHD!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1952-VW-beetle-split-window-RHD-crotch-cooler-/290573841003?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43a78cf26b 

currently at 4100 with reserve not met,how many of you are secretly watching it?

bear in mind its not complete,i still think its going to get very expensive!

Si

UserPostedImage

69project wrote:

keep it as it is, and drive it... makes fun...:thumbup: :smile:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
64rotbox
12 years ago
I'd rather walk than be seen in that.
You can call me Al.
oval56
12 years ago

64rotbox wrote:

sure? i love seeing peoples in their fresh restored splits with later "offroad" front fenders, taillights mounted in the 2nd place...but everything is 101% correct restored by the best restorer on the planet 😛 :roll:

keep it as it is, do the technic and stop the process of rust..... it shows a lot of age and history of its life....
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
pre67vw
12 years ago

...and stop the process of rust...

oval56 wrote:

I think that would be the main worry about spending a lot of money on a car like this, if you do nothing then it is slowly disolving. Nothing stops rust better than paint (that's why cars are painted!). You could slow the deteriation with waxes, but it's still slowly disolving.

Would be fun if it was cheap, but not if you want to protect your investment.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
12 years ago

64rotbox wrote:

:rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
oval56
12 years ago

I think that would be the main worry about spending a lot of money on a car like this, if you do nothing then it is slowly disolving. Nothing stops rust better than paint (that's why cars are painted!). You could slow the deteriation with waxes, but it's still slowly disolving.

Would be fun if it was cheap, but not if you want to protect your investment.

pre67vw wrote:

a paintjop is a full restoration.... to keep it, if you use it for some meetings and fun, do nor ride it in winter, or rain..should be no problem....

it has now 60years on it..so why should it not hold the next years if you keep an eye on it carefully...

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
69project
12 years ago
i personally wouldnt paint it but that is just me,i cant see it staying low(in price) plus its had quite a bit of work done to it and im not sure the wheels are not cheap either

say the car cost 8k,would it be another 10k minimum to restore...?

if my no.s come in on lotto it would be mine with a big turbo in the back whilst the og gearbox and engine were being rebuilt....:roll:
Car less.....
64rotbox
12 years ago

sure?

oval56 wrote:

Quite sure. In fact, I'd rather drag myself along the pavement using my lips than be seen in that.
You can call me Al.
Caledfryn
12 years ago

Quite sure. In fact, I'd rather drag myself along the pavement using my lips than be seen in that.

64rotbox wrote:

He really isn't joking!!!

I could see the point of running around it like that if it was a case of waiting until i could afford to do it properly, however, for the cost of buying it and then restoring it you might as well buy a really tidy unmolested LHD.

What would worry me most would be the fact that it's likely to have shaken itself to bits over the potholes before anyone gets close to painting it!
chthemonkey
12 years ago
if this sold for £8,601.00 whats that goin to make mine worth a september 1951 rhd?
GKL 7
12 years ago

if this sold for £8,601.00 whats that goin to make mine worth a september 1951 rhd?

chthemonkey wrote:

Less probably because it's not slammed and rusty.
Sorry, a true fact in the hobby today,your car nice as it is cannot be seen by certain parties as a fashion statement.
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago

Less probably because it's not slammed and rusty.
Sorry, a true fact in the hobby today,your car nice as it is cannot be seen by certain parties as a fashion statement.

'50 Karmann wrote:

LOL:lol:
"Mr Stock"