54 Gertie
12 years ago
A random Google image search threw up this Flickr photo, what is said to be a 'UK spec' (assume RHD, right side mirror) Beetle.

Looks to be Texas Brown, so I guess it's suffered an '80's' restoration where the rear lights were changed. Nothing to say it isn't a a 'late' oval in the wrong colour, however.

UserPostedImage 
Barn Find Beetle  by Berresfordsmotors , on Flickr

You know it? :wink:

William
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
64rotbox
12 years ago
Early Dyane! Ooo!
You can call me Al.
54 Gertie
12 years ago

Early Dyane! Ooo!

64rotbox wrote:

I was wondering what that hideous little thing was, and I was right in assuming something French.
William
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
I posted that picture a couple of years ago. I don't think I ever managed to find out any more about the car.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
12 years ago

find out any more about the car.

Rich Oakley wrote:

I shall make it my mission. Until I get a life and forget...
William
55Kab
12 years ago

I shall make it my mission.

54 Gertie wrote:

Will

This is the 55 found in a garage last year. I recall there was a thread on Vzi about it and a piece in VolksWorld. It's original reg was VMB 1 which I think the owners discovered had been assigned to another vehicle.

Mission over! :wink:

Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Will

This is the 55 found in a garage last year. I recall there was a thread on Vzi about it and a piece in VolksWorld. It's original reg was VMB 1 which I think the owners discovered had been assigned to another vehicle.

Mission over! :wink:

55Kab wrote:

Ahh, yes thanks Martin. I think we put two and two together at the time.

I think the numberplate has now been transfered off the car.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
12 years ago
Ah yes, I remember the car. I did think of that car but the garage looked different, so ruled it out.
William