vintagebug
12 years ago

Mike,

If there are any particular parts you want translated, let me know & I'll ask my better half Jean if she'll do it for you :wink: I wouldn't ask her to translate the complete book for you (or anyone else, for that matter) as I don't know the first thing about copyright legalities etc etc but I guess it'd be ok to translate the odd bit.

I haven't asked her yet if she'll do it, so I'm taking a chance posting this up! :rofl:

It's a pity there's an English version already in the pipeline as I'm sure she would translate the entire book if the publishers asked her nicely! (for a reasonable fee of course... :lol:)

Dave

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
Hello Dave,

Many thanks for the offer of a translation. Do you have a copy of the book yourself? Rather than a translation, it would be good to have an overview of what the various chapters cover. I'm hoping that there will be a little more information in there about the cars history prior to it being found and restored.

Ultimately, I'm happy to wait for the English version to be published, but it would be good to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks again

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
vintagebug
12 years ago

I don't have a copy yet Mike, I'll probably send a letter to Santa & if he thinks I've been a good boy he might bring me one for Christmas :wink:

I was thinking that if you had an interest in a particular page, chapter, or whatever then Jean would be able to translate it for you no problem.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave
Jules
12 years ago
Awesome, awesome, awesome book.... mine arrived yesterday and Axels photography is just amazing, I could look at it for hours! I managed to get half of myself in one of the pictures too :thumbup:
chthemonkey
12 years ago
mine arrived to me at work this morning and i couldnt wait till lunch to have a look the pic's are amazing shame i carnt read german. :thumbup:
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Just Got Mine in The Post from Julian @ KK , What a Book ! It's a Must Buy for any VW Guru .
"Mr Stock"
pre67vw
11 years ago
I've just read that the publisher is going to produce an English version :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
The way I understand it, the publisher is still looking for a good translater..
There's your chance Dave, let Jean do it if she wants to!
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
vintagebug
11 years ago

The way I understand it, the publisher is still looking for a good translater..
There's your chance Dave, let Jean do it if she wants to!

Piet wrote:

Thanks Peter, I'll ask her if she's interested. She's already translated parts of it for me at home when I don't understand what the German text says! :-)

Dave
lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

Thanks Peter, I'll ask her if she's interested. She's already translated parts of it for me at home when I don't understand what the German text says! :-)

vintagebug wrote:

Well I hope it gets translated...there must be a very large market for an English Version. You just have to look at the page views on The Samba topic to realise that...2.4m page views.
John.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
But will it really still be the same book after they´ve made large new replacement sections of it from scratch?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
11 years ago

But will it really still be the same book after they´ve made large new replacement sections of it from scratch?

JD wrote:

:rofl: :rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

JD wrote:

...as long as it's printed in BOLD German Script only an idiot would find fault.

Cue you know who.:smile:

John.
vintagebug
11 years ago

JD wrote:

Now that was funny! :rofl: Maybe they could call it "Der Erste Rattlekaefer"... :d

Dave
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago

JD wrote:

Dose it realy matter ?????-----IF-----????? it makes it a beter book :wink: I would get it for deff.

Andy W
lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

Dose it realy matter ?????-----IF-----????? it makes it a beter book :wink: I would get it for deff.

Andy W

AW wrote:

Read it again...he's pulling your plonker Andy. :smile:
John.
Rod_vw
11 years ago
If you want the German version we still have a few in stock. We'll be at 'Dubfreeze II' 4th November at Stafford Showground.

Rod