rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Freddie

I think that the reason most of the older members grumble about modifying (improving??)Beetles is that they remember the BIG mistakes they made when they were younger!!!

I was reminded of this while looking at a re run of Top of the Pops 1970 ish on BBC4 the other evening........tragic. Do not be a fashion victim.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing you know.
vintagebug
12 years ago

Done.

pre67vw wrote:

Nice!

Thanks Rob. Saves an old g*t like me struggling with his fading memory trying to recall who we can get those nice discounts from!

Cheers.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
mrsherbie
12 years ago
when I saw the car for sale on vzi, I did'nt realise that it was TYY 😶 :thumbdn:

That thread on plebzone as usual is full of idiots and naive vandalism. I hope its original owner never see's those pics, as if it was mine I would be really upset and having met him once or twice I am sure he would too. It is a lovely car that deserves far better.
But good to see that it has moved on again so soon, so congrats to Pipvan :smile:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pipvan
12 years ago
If you have met the origional owner would love any info please, im history chasing :d
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split
pipvan
12 years ago
Hi all been working hard on the oval and its now up in the air riding high and looking pretty, its not stock but its perfectly useable.
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split
pipvan
12 years ago
Hi all been working hard on the oval and its now up in the air riding high and looking pretty, its not stock but its perfectly useable.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split
pipvan
12 years ago
not sure how to get the images to work

Moderator Edit: corrected.:wink:
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

not sure how to get the images to work

Moderator Edit: corrected.:wink:

pipvan wrote:

Looks great now Pip:d ...did you get in contact with Steve?

John.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

pipvan wrote:

That looks a lot better how any body thinks this looks good i just dont understand!!!

( see photo below ) Andy W  302179_10150325514610755_540720754_8371965_358286832_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
RoRoVw
12 years ago
Looking great again for 2012. Well done and Happy New Year!
:thumbup:
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
That's a massive improvement. Well done!!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
pre67vw
12 years ago

its not stock but its perfectly useable

pipvan wrote:

Looks stock enough... :thumbup: very nice, although the tail lights look a bit high?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
That looks fantastic! Well done!!

Mike :thumbup:
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
chrisbug91
12 years ago
Looks amazing, great work. Whats not stock about it?
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Old Blue
12 years ago
Certainly looks good.:beer:

I hope that the underside has escaped damage and scrapes, Jon's lowered '56 has already collected a few. Sadly like the '56, most lowered cars are never as good as they were even when they are put back to stock. Some deep scrapes in the pan are almost impossible to get out.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
pipvan
12 years ago
Thanks, errrrm the tail lights have not moved and as far as i can tell they are origional rear wings and looking at the old pics i have of TYY there is no difference but i guess you guys will no more than i do about it. Not got in contact with Steve yet. Also its not stock height still has dropped spindles fitted at front but onto the origonal front beam that I re-furbished. The underside does have a couple of scrapes nothing bad just where the rear passenger footwell is on the passenger side and the front tyre well is shot at. All to be sorted soon. At the moment its beutiful to drive real nice ride and the engine runs sweet as a nut very happy and i will continue to improve as we go on. Eveything is going to be kept origional but im going to replace king and link pins and bushes things like that. Eventually when i have finished the 62 i will be completeing a full restoration and keep this old girl alive for a long time into the future
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split
GKL 7
12 years ago

Thanks, errrrm the tail lights have not moved and as far as i can tell they are origional rear wings and looking at the old pics i have of TYY there is no difference but i guess you guys will no more than i do about it.

pipvan wrote:

To me,they do look high.
This car is all original.  DSC07322Custom.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Tail lights are definitely too high, they are probably not original wings as the later wings have holes drilled higher for the later dual-section 1200 lights. I wouldn't worry about it though, I think the car looks just great!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Thanks, errrrm the tail lights have not moved and as far as i can tell they are origional rear wings and looking at the old pics i have of TYY there is no difference but i guess you guys will no more than i do about it. Not got in contact with Steve yet. Also its not stock height still has dropped spindles fitted at front but onto the origonal front beam that I re-furbished. The underside does have a couple of scrapes nothing bad just where the rear passenger footwell is on the passenger side and the front tyre well is shot at. All to be sorted soon. At the moment its beutiful to drive real nice ride and the engine runs sweet as a nut very happy and i will continue to improve as we go on. Eveything is going to be kept origional but im going to replace king and link pins and bushes things like that. Eventually when i have finished the 62 i will be completeing a full restoration and keep this old girl alive for a long time into the future

pipvan wrote:

Rear lights look a little higher than on Jon's '56 oval. Sounds as though yours has suffered the same sort of spare wheel damage. The bonnet is tight to shut with the spare in.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
pipvan
12 years ago
Bonnet shuts fine just the bottom that's shot at
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split