onion
10 years ago
Hi Glenn, i have an oval box in my 1950 with a split bus nose cone, i had to flip the rear back pates in order to use the same handbrake cables. I got all the info for this conversion from Bob Shaille. cheers owen
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
10 years ago

hello Dexter i have a 58 box and it has a donut style full crash box nose cone on it, i have not taken it off to see what hockey stick was used ,but it looks straight forward to do.

Originally Posted by: 52 split 

Hi 52 Split

That sounds interesting. Don't suppose you'd be good enough to take a few pictures of you gearbox nose cone and sent them to me would you? [email protected]

Armed with the pictures I can probably sort out what cut, trimming and shaping I need to do to my box.

Many thanks

Glenn
Life, Love & Unity
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
10 years ago

Hi Glenn, i have an oval box in my 1950 with a split bus nose cone, i had to flip the rear back pates in order to use the same handbrake cables. I got all the info for this conversion from Bob Shaille. cheers owen

Originally Posted by: onion 

Hi Owen

Do you have a number you could give me for Bob? Do you know what year bus nose cone you had to use by any chance? I've never been able to get a positive answer off anyone.

Cheers

Glenn
Life, Love & Unity
onion
10 years ago
Hi, pre 61 springs to mind, the same rubber donut is used on the early busses as on the split bugs.Bob never gave me any more info than i have just given you.It was a case of raiding the shed for parts and seeing what worked.Let me see if i have a nose cone on a bus gearbox here, at least i can get you a part number.
onion
10 years ago
Hi, i have an early bus box in a 54 pan here, so that tells me that nose cones swap over from ovals/early busses ok.The bus nose cone has a donut fixing as said and a sort of tower on it. You´ll know what i mean when you see one, it may be a breather.
52 split
10 years ago
hey dex i will send you a few pics, first post or so not sure yet how to post here. will send to your email.will try before Easter weekend no promises, for sure after.
52 split
10 years ago
email with pics sent, share with all here. cheers