stevo
11 years ago
It's lovely to look at but patina and a car with character always looks better in my eyes.
Anyone agree?
Steve.
1953 rhd zwitter.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

I have looked round that zwitter a few weeks back and heard it running, is a truly stunning car. The restoration its had is top notch, the owner is a great guy. Who ever gets it will be very lucky indeed :)

freddie89 wrote:

Hi Freddie,

Who is the guy selling these cars? Just interested! (drop me a PM if you don't want to publish the guy's name). Cheers!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
So what did the Zwitter and other Beetles make at the auction?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
RoRoVw
11 years ago
A few of us attended the auction for the sale of the zwitter lot since we were at the NEC with the Historic Club. The bidding opened at £18000. There was a phone bidder and a guy in the room. The guy in the room took it up to £21000 and the phone bidder came back at £21200. The guy in the room dropped out at this point and the hammer fell at £21200. There was a buyer's premium of 10% to pay on top of that, plus vat on the buyer's premium so the final figure paid out by the purchaser would have been £23744.

We didn't see the other three beetles sell but I understand from the auctioneers that the oval sold for £11500, the 1972 1300cc with 25k miles on the clock, for £5000 and the 1970, left hand drive import from Hungary made £7800. All plus buyer's premiums etc.

The zwitter looked a good car, the oval looked good from a distance but had a few issues, the 1972 1300 was probably a very good buy but we thought the sale price of the 1970 was way too much.

Hope we see the zwitter staying in the UK.

Cheers,
Rob.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Thanks Rob.
Old Blue
11 years ago
Here's another - oh for a lottery win!

Hope my attempt at making a link works for everyone.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C354129 
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
[quote=Old Blue]Here's another - oh for a lottery win!

You are going to have to break in to that piggy bank of yours :d

Andy W
Old Blue
11 years ago

[quote=Old Blue]Here's another - oh for a lottery win!

You are going to have to break in to that piggy bank of yours :d

Andy W

AW wrote:

I wish there was something in it!:rofl:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Old Blue
11 years ago

A few of us attended the auction for the sale of the zwitter lot since we were at the NEC with the Historic Club. The bidding opened at £18000. There was a phone bidder and a guy in the room. The guy in the room took it up to £21000 and the phone bidder came back at £21200. The guy in the room dropped out at this point and the hammer fell at £21200. There was a buyer's premium of 10% to pay on top of that, plus vat on the buyer's premium so the final figure paid out by the purchaser would have been £23744.

The zwitter looked a good car, the oval looked good from a distance but had a few issues, the 1972 1300 was probably a very good buy but we thought the sale price of the 1970 was way too much.

Hope we see the zwitter staying in the UK.

Cheers,
Rob.

RoRoVw wrote:

A Volksworld person in the current edition think that £23k is in excess of the car's value! Now lets think... how short was the Zwitter run, and how very few of those were Standard models? Yes, we're talking about a very, very, rare car. More oddly, they think that the price taken on the LHD 1970 car was a good deal.

The same Volksworld people think that £20k+ for a rotten, tatty, lowered with awful wheels VW Type II is in order.:rofl:

GKL 7
11 years ago

The Volksworld idiots

Old Blue wrote:

Unnecessary.[-x
Old Blue
11 years ago

Unnecessary.[-x

GKL 7 wrote:

Yes, so I have amended the post accordingly.

Old Blue
11 years ago
You, on the other hand, Mr Double Standards, clearly operate with a 'do as I say, not as I do' mentality.

Now you're saying, you are in the right because Rob is just sticking up for me,what a very very sad character you are.

GKL 7 wrote:

But you'd never be decent enough to amend it, so who's really sad?

GKL 7
11 years ago
😛