Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
billy739
11 years ago
has its benifits - mainly more money for fat cats holidays

just means average jo cant tell if a car needs reporting without computer access

thems who dont care will find it easier to buy / driver a car un taxed / insured

it may be getting less and less but there the ones who cause most of the problems.

also lots more of the ' didnt ralise officer' with people tring to get an extra month.

GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago

just means average jo cant tell if a car needs reporting without computer access

billy739 wrote:

Mmmm!!! Don't know about that billy,i don't generally go around grassing people up for tax evasion.
billy739
11 years ago
say you lived on a narrow street , 1 parking space per house

the neigbours are from hell ,noisy , and a total nightmare.

they decided to get a car for all 4 family members , 4 cars , 4 spaces , you have to park in the next street, you see that all the cars are untaxed , disc's are at least 2 months out of date , they dont move the car when your about and you have to continually park in the next steet , car out of view .

and you are more than happy to let your neigbours from hell flout the law pay no tax ect because your a good abiding citezen and need some exercise, they may even crash into your car and drive off , oh well you can claim on your own insurance?

i would be tempted!
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
11 years ago
Blimey!!Put like that,i think i'd move house:wink:
six-o-one
11 years ago
Would be good if the government put some of the income generated from our road and transport related industries back into re surfacing the roads properly!

Car tax
Tax on fuel
Vat on car repairs and parts etc.

It all goes into the big pot!

New houses have to have adequate off-road parking. Most of the new-ish houses where I live have garages and a driveway but, people fill the garage with crap or turn them into a room and then insist on parking on the road, right outside their house!

I drive 35 miles to work and it takes me an hour each way. We should have a 'national no parking on main roads day' and watch all the traffic free-up! :d
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
In Japan i think if you do not have an off road parking place at home then you are not allowed to owne a car.

Andy W
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
11 years ago
Wonder what happened to the old suggestion.....Put a penny a litre on the cost of fuel and scrap the road tax system.
chrisbug91
11 years ago

In Japan i think if you do not have an off road parking place at home then you are not allowed to owne a car.

Andy W

AW wrote:

Car's with an engine size over 660cc I believe you have to have a parking place, but I think this only applies in towns and cities. Thats why 'Kei' cars are so popular in Japan, they also avoid certain taxes I think.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Old Blue
11 years ago

say you lived on a narrow street , 1 parking space per house

the neigbours are from hell ,noisy , and a total nightmare.

they decided to get a car for all 4 family members , 4 cars , 4 spaces , you have to park in the next street, you see that all the cars are untaxed , disc's are at least 2 months out of date , they dont move the car when your about and you have to continually park in the next steet , car out of view .

and you are more than happy to let your neigbours from hell flout the law pay no tax ect because your a good abiding citezen and need some exercise, they may even crash into your car and drive off , oh well you can claim on your own insurance?

i would be tempted!

billy739 wrote:

So if those 4 family members had a tax disc for each of their 4 cars you would be guaranteed a parking space in 'your' street? The fact of the matter is that if you live along a public road, then anyone with a car that is legal is entitled to park where parking is allowed, and if that individual has to share a building with 6 others why do you think they do not have that right? As my signature indicates, we have several vehicles, which at times we park along 'my' road. All but one is tax exempt, which particulary annoys my neighbour who says we shouldn't park on 'his' side of the road. So much so that he decided that he also had the 'right' to kick the side of our Morris parked on 'his' side of the road, leaving a substantial and costly dent. And this neighbour also says our old Beetles are ugly and noisy.

People should of course pay their road tax where there is a fee, but in this highly over-taxed country I for one would not report anyone that thinks that they can avoid it. They may desperately need their car to get to that low-paid job to feed the family, but cannot find £150+ for road tax.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Rattletrap
10 years ago
It looks as though the last tax discs will bear the expiry date 8/15, now their end has been confirmed. So if you've a continuously taxed Beetle with all the old discs, don't miss the final one to complete the set.:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378