bigoval
  • bigoval
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
One day I will remember to not poke Beetles!

The spare wheel well has some patches in the corners... which have been plated straight over the top of the problem... As a result the corners have gone - as has the "lip" where the front valance meets the wheel well...

It's all just a little crusty....

What are my options for sourcing replacements?
Front valance from Auto Craft? - will they do me a USA spec one?

Who does the wheel well panels? With wiring tabs and everything else as it should be?..

I thought I wouldn't have much to do to this one.... Ah well!
(The left hand rear bumper hanger just fell off too..)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
10 years ago
i recently used an autocraft front valance. fit was spot on. and the spare wheel panel came from heritage- we just spent some time smoothing out the ripples!
Lost64
10 years ago
I agree with Robb about the Autocraft front panel. I used one on my Oval, and it's an excellent fit. I also replaced the spare wheel well with one from Wolfparts in Sweden. It's expensive, but is the best you'll get. It comes with the tags to secure the wiring loom. Check their website as they do different years.

Best of luck!

Gavin.
pre67vw
10 years ago
I've often wondered about the tabs, with the cars painted before being wired - doesn't all the paint crack off the tabs when they're bent to hold the loom? or are they pretty much bent first and then painted? What do they do on show cars to make sure these tabs don't just crack and go rusty in 6 months?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
10 years ago

or are they pretty much bent first and then painted?

pre67vw wrote:

This.
bigoval
  • bigoval
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
So I'm looking at this -

Front Valance 

Would they add the holes for USA spec bumpers?

...and this...

Wheel well 
Lost64
10 years ago
Yes, those are the panels you need. I don't know if Autocraft would put the holes in the front valance for the support bars, you could always ask them.
Alternatively, you could take measurements from your original valance, and put them in yourself.
(Just remember, measure twice, cut once!)

Gavin.
heb623
10 years ago
You better buy those parts to Wolfparts! Very nice!!!:thumbup:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!