Holeydub
9 years ago
Just bought a ok restored resto cal style 61 Golde Ragtop that is supposed to be of December 1960 build (Registered in Germany March 1961). I'm pretty sure that most of the parts from later models have been used 67 repro wings, bonnet, door skins etc...

I've sent off for its birth certificate this morning to confirm the dates but in the mean time i am attempting to source the correct information for whats missing from her and if the parts used are correct and in need of replacing for period parts. Especially the doors wings and bonnet for either NOS or rustfree parts.

Basically is there a list to what should have been installed and where around this model period change? i,e. rear lights, bumpers, wings, bonnet, ignition location etc etc???

heres a pic or two for now anyways amd thanks for your help in advance :)

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
9 years ago
You can tell the year by the chassis number

Andy W
Holeydub
9 years ago
Mine starts with 361 which I'm lead to believe is December 1960. I'd just like to find out the actual standard spec and placement of equipment for this model.
Arrowgb
8 years ago
The 1961 model started in August 60. If it was built after August 60 is a 61 model.

You should have a passenger grab handle, windscreen washer bottle, see through brake fluid container, etc etc. this was first time used on a 61 model

https://www.type2.com/library/identifi/kuhn8.htm  Try here