Rattletrap
8 years ago
I cycle many more miles a year than I drive, so as you can guess I meet my share of selfish car drivers.

While queing in traffic properly and patiently on my cycle along with the cars buses and so on, (i.e, not jumping red lights, going up on the pavement, weaving around cars etc, so beloved of many cyclists), the man in the VW Passat behind decided to toot his horn to annoy me I guess. Once he had my attention, I got the usual crap: 'you should be on the pavement, you pay no road tax' and so on (bad language omitted for pre67vw). Of course, as we know, the 'road tax' as many call it, is rated on the emissions of filth the vehicle pumps into the air. So, as a bicycle produces zero emissions, if it was 'taxed' that tax would be zero rated anyway, so no cost to me but administration costs to the DVLA.

I told the driver that he drives a Volkswagen, one of the dirtiest cars on the road today. Yes me a Beetle collector said that....:cry:

Time to cart Rattletrap off to the dump:omg:

I think Volkswagen will continue to suffer fall-out from its emissions scandal for years to come.:thumbdn:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
8 years ago
I have heard that they may be a Diesel scrappage scheme on its way ??????? Also that they want to rid the road of all Diesel cars in the future :bored: With whats happened in France the other day we will all have to wait and see.

Andy W