jaythebayday
19 years ago
Hi folks
Jay Day here, thought I'd say hi.
I've had my 55 left hooker for some 11 years bow, it was imported into the UK, from Germany in 1957.
I've contacted the DVLA over in Swansea, to obtain a list of previous owners, of my car VSK 888.
today, 24th March 05, I took the bonnet n deck lid for preping n priming, wings go next week.
My only problem is that, the old boy, that owned it for years, must of been friends, with Heath Robinson, when I've sorted out my piccys, I'll put on here somewhere, Scottish shortbread tin, with a brazed on air control flap, that sits on top of a SU Carb, yeap SU, lol.
The engine alas is not the original and looks to be like a 60's lump, the only problem with the starter is I have to replace the starter bush, in the gearbox.
The front indicaters are from a late 70's Beetle, there deffinetly going....fact lol.
But it looks like this ole cars seen some action over the years, the deck lid T handle is pitted lightly, the locks missing. I had a new key cut for the drivers door, lost that, nice one Jay.
Though if anyone can shed some light on my gear shifter, it would be cool, its a snooker ball, sized wooden ball, with a circular pearl, inset into the top of it.
The Dehne fuel gauge needs installing properly and the steering lock needs new sheer bolts and re installing.
This car isn't to much of a wreck, I've seen worse, but boy it's gonna take some blood sweat and foul language lol.
I need a fuel pipe, from front to rear, if anyone, in the UK, can let me know of a good supplier, please step forth.
I intend to get the car MOT'd before the End of May 05, so looks like I've got my task cut out.
Oh yeah left hooker wiring loom, know of a good manufacturer, let me know, I'm going for the full-on open heart surgery, on this baby.
Any advice would really be appreciated.
Cheers
Jason Day.
Well if -1-080929 746, was the beggining of the dual tal pipe exhaust, in Aug 55, then blow me, I've replaced the rear tail lights, from 1200 cc versions, to the single glass tail light, to now find I've got the wrong rear valance and still the wrong tail lights.hahaha oh well, best I get hunting for the correct lights. I would px my current lights, for cash and the heart type lights.
Oh yeah any 28 mm solex carbs on the market, my SU, has to go!!
Jayday....sortin out the oval..
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
19 years ago
Looking forward to seeing some pics!!

The fuel line that you need to replace, if its the hard line - I've heard that is a real pain because it runs down the inside of the tunnel. Most people replace with a soft fuel line running along side, although I seem to remember a technique for replacing the hard line in a recent US mag.

😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW