plasticblack
18 years ago
Here's a few shots of my Engine Lid Buck.

It will be used to form steel or aluminium engine lids. 😃

I will also have GRP version in a about 10 days time. 😎

The screen frame is already sorted as previously posted on the forum.

I will post some more pictures of the project shortly. :wink:

[email protected]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks

Paul
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
18 years ago
A good start I think, 😛

Seems that you did a lot of work.
Could it be that your W-shape is not correct. the space between the 2 kidneys where the stoplight would be is to big I think.
Dont shoot me because I have no part to compare with, Maybe other heb owners have.
If you have mesured it on a real one, I take my words back. :oops:

A real artwork if you ask me.
I always say, If someone could make something in the past like +50 years back , it must be easy to reproduce it now with al the computers...
Right?
I wonder where the moulds and couner moulds pressparts are stored after Hebmuller and sons went bancrupt. :cry:
Whould that be the rarest of the rarest rare part to find....... :shock:
greetz

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
plasticblack
18 years ago
The dimensions are about 99% accurate.

The central spine is spot on and there are only a very few small areas that are not 'Heb Perfect'...

As you say thinks should be easier to produce with all the computer technology we have today. But very often the Old way of doing things is the best way.

You can see with many designs that the original was very often the best and the modern incarnations fail to hold the quality and spirit of the original.

I have atempted to keep the reproduction items I have as near the originals as possible to attempt to stay true to the quality they had.

The wooden buck you see was in fact given (Yes Given) to me for nothing about 10 years ago!!!

It has needed a massive amount of reworking as the woods used were not all the same type and over the years have contracted and expanded at differing rates.

I am nearly satisfied with the end result and feel happy to proceed with the next phase of the operation. :wink:
Thanks

Paul