UserPostedImage
pre67vw
17 years ago
Nice car!! Welcome to the forum!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
17 years ago

where can i buy correct heater channels?
status vw?

"SixtyFive" wrote:

I dont know which Status vw sell, but I got one ( I chopped up for repair panels!) from VWHeritage a few months back, while there I looked at both types available together, the cheap one (black) the same one that GSF sell, and the expensive one (grey) and the expensive one is 10 times better quality and weight. Well worth the extra expense, but they are a LOT more £!! The cheap one's will rust out quicker given time. Try to view both before you decide. You should be able to at Slough swapmeet if its more convenient.

Stock 60's beetles are so out of the norm these days. Nice car pics on this thread!
😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
SixtyFive
17 years ago
i sold the 65 a few months ago 😞 i'll be buying it back though :wink:
and bought a 70' semi auto! :shock:
olddub
17 years ago
Hi all here is a photo of our '65 beetle,its the green one with the "olddub" plates,just got it about 4 months ago and its getting tidied up now,runs a 1600 and is 12 volt ,cheers mick 😎
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
17 years ago
here's an update on mine...  8186.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
17 years ago
Looks like it's coming together nicely Rob! 😎

The stock wheel on the front looks so so so much nicer than the alloys too!

😃
17 years ago
Hey there!

I don't own a 65 (as of yet) although may well be soon!

How does a Australian 65 (bug) differ from others?

And how hard are parts to source, are they one year only..? Sorry to sounds so dozey, but I've been post 67 all my life!
Ryan jones
17 years ago
nice, here is my 65. 1835 motor and a big list of upgrades. Every thing is custom or non stock.
this is my 65, sunroof, popouts, and 1914cc. It is geting paint at this time. when i get more pics u will see!!
pre67vw
17 years ago

Every thing is custom or non stock.

"Ryan jones" wrote:

Welcome to the forum, but not sure you'll find much of any use to you around here - this site is geared towards stock VW's... Unless you plan to put it all back to stock that is :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
bert
17 years ago
Hello there!
This is just what i have been looking for..... some inspiration to restore my beetle!!!!  9620.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
bert
17 years ago
bert
17 years ago
bert
17 years ago
bert
17 years ago
At last! Some inspiration to restore my beetle!!
bert
17 years ago

At last! Some inspiration to restore my beetle!!

"bert" wrote:

Sorry about that, looks like there is a bit of a delay in posting, just ignore my newbie errors! :roll:
GingerNik
17 years ago
Hey there everyone, not been registered long, I've had this since November:

UserPostedImage

'65 1200, still on 6 volts, 6V Ecko radio in the dash. It has a replacement engine, but I have the original in the shed.
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Gingernik that looks like a super car! Do you know what colour its painted?

Ours is an original paint seablue like yours Bert!! but '64 (and for sale £3k)But hey I am a woman so I can get away with it :lol:

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GingerNik
17 years ago
Hey mrsherbie, it's Java Green, though my mobile phone camera didn't capture the shade particularly well!
bert
17 years ago

Gingernik that looks like a super car! Do you know what colour its painted?

Ours is an original paint seablue like yours Bert!! but '64 (and for sale £3k)But hey I am a woman so I can get away with it :lol:

UserPostedImage

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Yep, Sea blue it is. Apart form the passenger door and one of the rear wings, me thinks it is still original too!
There seem to be alot of 64/65s in either java green or sea blue..... good choice in my opinion!
Gonna get some work done on it this summer and bring the shine back!