chris.james
16 years ago
just a little bit more. 😃  11631.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
16 years ago
😃 one door on  11781.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
16 years ago
😃 one more  11782.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
16 years ago
I DO NEED OUTER SCRAPERS.IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME.THANKS chris.
Jules
16 years ago

I DO NEED OUTER SCRAPERS.IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME.THANKS chris.

"chris.james" wrote:

We have them in stock, they come attached to the aluminium moulding, is that what you mean?

The quality of these has improved dramaticly recently as German ones are now available, and that is all we stock.
chris.james
16 years ago
one year on.the 54 passet its MOT today.  11862.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
16 years ago
dose anybody no if this silly grin lasts for long. :lol:
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

dose anybody no if this silly grin lasts for long. :lol:

"chris.james" wrote:

Buy a Split,then it will last forever. :wink:
chris.james
16 years ago
:Dthis is my bug at its first local club meet.  11915.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
16 years ago
😃 one more  11916.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
16 years ago
Cool, looks great!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Jules
16 years ago
Hey Chris,

I remember you told me you have a new email address, and I just received an email from you through the Pre '67 forum but it's showing your old email address so I think you need to update your profile on here with the new one. I have replied but if the old address is no more you won't receive it!

I did write your new one down but it seems to have been absorbed by my desk.

Oh, and Congratulations!
chris.james
16 years ago
can you get unleaded heads for a 30 horse motor.can you still get 155/15tyres. i nead a spare.
chris.james
16 years ago
can i take my car to a show if it duset have door cards or oe seat cuvers. 😃
Chris
16 years ago

"chris.james" wrote:

I've seen cars at shows a lot worse than yours. Get out in it and show it off !! You deserve to after all the effort you've put in. :wink:

Stanford Hall in May is the one for stock cars. 🙂
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
mrsherbie
16 years ago

"chris.james" wrote:

Too right you can!

I love your all green standard look!

(But if you do want some we have an interior of correct '54 beige herringbone cloth with brown vinyl panel trim, I think we have the full panels set but missing one door (I cant find it!) for £240.
Or complete interior in grey £400

We have more oval interior parts than shown, just seats etc.

See interiors page:
vw garden - interiors  :D

(The TMI 'all vinyl' panels are completely wrong for ovals even though they are sold as such)
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
chris.james
16 years ago
Thanks for the offer.my interior was blue gray.with gray head lining.i mite just go to stanford hall.
six-o-one
16 years ago

i mite just go to stanford hall.

"chris.james" wrote:

Chris, if you register for the historic VW display, you and your passengers get into the show for free!

https://www.stanfordhallvw.co.uk/displays.htm 

Malc
chris.james
16 years ago
😃 Cool thanks i,ll do that
mrsherbie
16 years ago

Thanks for the offer.my interior was blue gray.with gray head lining.i mite just go to stanford hall.

"chris.james" wrote:

Hi, yes of course I forgot you are standard!
Our herringbone is a deluxe interior of course. My car is dark green and I have an original correct to the cars actual identity beige deluxe interior, even though I 'standardised' my car to look non-deluxe (if this makes sense? :shock: :lol: )
Coming up with original standard interior & doorcards was impossible for a split. I looked hard but didnt find even after a few years of looking.
For me it was definitely original old smelly & stained! over 'new retrim', and definitely not tmi, which is a definite NONO in a split or early oval as the vinyl is just SO totally wrong!
I mentioned the beige interior only as it is at least half right, (could just use the seats) cheap and beige in a green car is good looking.
When I first bought my split with no interior, I bought a beige herringbone oval interior just as a temporary measure until I found a 50 one, as I knew it would take a few years to turn one up. I never needed to fit it though and in the end sold it to Martyn Gartland and its now in that beautiful oval! again, probably just until he finds a better and more correct one for his car.

Have you seen Keith Viponds 55 standard sunroof yet? It looks exactly like yours but dark blue! Its one of my absolute favorite cars ever because it is so unusual!
I would love to see yours and his parked up together at Stanford Hall!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann