17 years ago
Interesting car for sale in Germany...
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Rear view...  8383.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Nice white three spoker...  8384.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
CNE789
14 years ago
Here is another 1965 Standard on mobile.de .

No connections to the seller, just for reference.

I like that L360 Sea Blue colour!

65 standard 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  65 standard 2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  65 standard 3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  65 standard 4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  65 standard 5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Searching information about Beetles in military service - especially post-war.

vintagebug
14 years ago

Nice white three spoker...

48REME wrote:

Just to satisy my curiosity- what kind of passenger grab handle is that? :?

The one in the blue car looks more like the real deal...
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
CNE789
14 years ago

Just to satisy my curiosity- what kind of passenger grab handle is that? :?

The one in the blue car looks more like the real deal...

vintagebug wrote:

Was the passenger grab handle fitted originally to the Standard? Or was it an option / retrofit? In the latter case it could explain why it looks strange.

CNE789
14 years ago
And here's another 1965 Standard, albeit modified: VW 1200 .

Ovaltine
13 years ago
Interesting that both these cars have the older type number plate lights:o

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
48REME
  • 48REME
13 years ago

Interesting that both these cars have the older type number plate lights:o

Ovaltine wrote:

That's why they are Standard models, sporting an 'outdated' decklid model with old number plate light, while the Deluxe
had the wide number plate light and accompanying decklid since 1964.

Grab handles were a common accessory added to Standards, I have seen many over the years on some unrestored cars.
CNE789
13 years ago
https://www.polizeikaefer.de/  for an interesting 1963 ex-German Police Beetle.

Interesting in the sense that due to no external chrome parts at first glance it looks like a Standard (type 111) Beetle. But it actually is a type 113 Export with an option for less: M190 without external chrome parts. First time I have seen this option.

H.

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
https://www.polizeikaefer.de/  for an interesting 1963 ex-German Police Beetle.

Interesting in the sense that due to no external chrome parts at first glance it looks like a Standard (type 111) Beetle. But it actually is a type 113 Export with an option for less: M190 without external chrome parts. First time I have seen this option.

H.

A friend here is selling an ex Polizei `67 Cabrio Beetle. It´s had all the chrome added to it however, but I´m sure it could be restored.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Standard split
13 years ago
One of the most unusual later 'Standard' or 'Base' models as I prefer to call the '60s variants was a '64 belonging to Harvey Simpson, a well-known collector of VWs back in the 70's-80's.

His 1964 Beetle was a parts bucket put together in the factory as a 'Mini Series' (batch) for the Belgium market to use up old 50's stock. As well as the full 'crash' box it had the wing-nut held down seats and a full 'W' deck lid. It did have DeLuxe trim strips on the body which makes it not a full 'proper' Standard, more of a base model as these were.

He still has this car today.:o

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378