mrsherbie
17 years ago
In the vague hope that it can be saved from joining the slamming brigade:

UserPostedImage

(There are also a 56 sunroof and a 54 RHD ads on the same page, both lowered and both over £5k But both sound/look nice too.)
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
17 years ago
£2500? I wonder what is he playing at....?
Standard split
17 years ago
Just WHAT is he playing at :?:

This car has a RIGHT HAND DRIVE standard full cable brake bolt-down seat chassis with NEW NEATLY FITTED pans, that alone must be worth a bit :?:

It also has UK registation from new, (the original 1956 attractive nice 5 digit reg number), and even the original buff 1956 log book and history:!:

It's not suitable as a daily driver – but the ad says that. How many cars such as this are UK from new :?:

£5K for an imported Deluxe Oval lowered or otherwise – that's crazy :!:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
17 years ago
All those the points you mention form the reason that make me wonder why you are looking at a relatively low figure of £2500! 😃
Are you really letting it go for £2500?
I thought you were going to keep it, no?
Standard split
17 years ago
I have a space problem – its not the money, £2,500 will not buy anything as interesting and rare as this car :!:

Its been with me 10 years, so you know I love it. It's this or my '58 (which I love too). Not really willing to sell a split Beetle.

I've had a few calls as you'd expect, mostly from people who haven't a clue what a Standard really is. One guy wanted to buy it for his girlfriend! I told him she'd hate it, so crude, noisy and basic, and then there's the double declutching…

There's also the modifying, lowering can't leave things alone brigade. I don't want these people near this car, I tend to put them off coming to see it. With so many DeLuxe Ovals around why would they want this :?:

It makes a smashing garden ornament, so I will probably keep it just as that. It will have its own garage one day:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
mrsherbie
17 years ago

All those the points you mention form the reason that make me wonder why you are looking at a relatively low figure of £2500! 😃

"48REME" wrote:

That was why I posted it! It seems too cheap! If only I had space and the need for another beetle, its the best buy I've seen in ages.

With so many clean and original cars getting modified these days, its lovely to know that some people still care enough to vet prospective buyers :D

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pre67vw
17 years ago
sounds like a good deal to me compared to some of the prices asked for these days. Could always advertise it here too :wink: Classifieds 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
dp
  • dp
  • Regular
17 years ago
Can't believe that's still for sale :shock: but glad it's not gone to someone who doesn't appreciate it for what it is.

When I first saw the ad I started thinking of how I could squeeze another car into the garage without the other half noticing. Now I've started to think it all over again. Someone buy this before I do something that the rest of my family will regret.............